5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Blog Entries
    Announcing v0.1.1 of the Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Extension (EVOE).
    See post #1 of this thread for details. The downloadable is also there.

This version fixes a bug I found while blogging about the IMMUNE, RESIST, and VULN damage roll counteractive effects.

I highly encourage anyone considering using EVOE take a look at the blog series I have started which details understanding what you see in the player Chat Windows when using EVOE. Providing the option to the GM to manage effect visibility introduces pitfalls and inconsistencies. I've tried to give examples of those issues and suggestions for mitigating them.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; October 11th, 2016 at 06:14. Reason: added link to blog series index

Blog Entries
    Announcing v0.2.0 of the Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Extension (EVOE).
    See post #1 of this thread for details. The downloadable is also there.

This version gives the DM the ability to define "default visibilities". Until now when an effect was added to the Combat Tracker its visibility was set to GM only. Now using the Effects Manager Utility the GM can define a default visibility: the visibility that the effect will initially have when added to the Combat Tracker. For example, the GM, using the Utility could set up a default visibility of VSBL (visible to everyone) for the Prone Condition. Then any time the Prone Effect is applied to a character, its visibility in the Combat Tracker will come up as visible to everyone (VSBL). The DM can always change it afterward in the Combat Tracker if desired.

More information about this new option, plus much, much more can be found in my blog series about the EVOE. An index of topics, supported effects and version information can be found here.

Blog Entries
    I have worked through all the examples mentioned in my blog series, each of them producing the same results with FG v3.2.0 as they did with FG v3.1.7.

Next I will be doing some file comparisons to ensure EVOE picks up any new FG enhancements and functionality in the latest FG version as suggested by Trenloe (Thanks). Done (Nov 04, 2016).

I have not yet play tested. I should get a chance to do so this weekend.

If anyone has problems please let me know.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; November 4th, 2016 at 20:18. Reason: Addition testing needed.

Blog Entries
    I have just posted v0.2.2 which is compatible with FG version 3.2.1.

"Diff testing" as suggested by Trenloe yielded a few necessary edits to the EVOE code. The new version was then verified to reproduce the same results for all examples in my blog posts as version 0.2.1.

I'll play test it in the near future. But v0.2.2 should be considered good to go.

Please let me know if you have difficulties.

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Hi Minty23185Fresh,
    I found one error which came up for me when this new ver.0.2.2 used in 5E.
    No other extensions loaded only this EVOE.

See my attached printscreen.Attachment 16896

1.) When I made Damage roll (DMG:1d8+1 slashing) by Hobgoblin without targeting hero (Odgulin).
    2.) And then drag and drop result onto hero (CT or direct MAP) applying damage, then it opens Console with Script Error 983!

But when I do same action on previouslz targeted Hero or creature. Then it not open console with this error.
    I think something wrong is in this EVOE version 0.2.2 with un-targeted damage rolls.
    Last edited by MarianDz; December 12th, 2016 at 18:41.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Marian. I'll see what I can find and get it fixed.

[EDIT: to report follow up info]

This is an interesting scenario... At first I couldn't figure out why one would do this: (1) roll damage without a target, then (2) apply the damage result from the chat to a target. It dawned on me that it is a brilliant solution to the "I forgot to target someone before I rolled" scenario. Rather than a reroll, the player or GM just drags the result onto the intended target. I didn't know one could do this. So, given my ignorance, I would never have tripped over this bug on my own. Thanks Marian.

And thanks for the concise information you provided to help me repeat the steps to trigger the defect. I have repeated the steps and observed the problem. It appears to be specific to damage rolls, attack rolls don't seem to have the issue and it appears to be exhibited only during the given scenario: dragging a damage roll from the chat onto a target.

I'm working on it, and hope to post a new version soon.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; December 13th, 2016 at 15:51. Reason: Started investigation.

This extension seems to be causing resistance rolls to round up instead of down.

13 resisted should be 6dmg, not 7dmg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracius View Post
    This extension seems to be causing resistance rolls to round up instead of down. 13 resisted should be 6dmg, not 7dmg
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I had observed this during development but had thought that I'd observed the same behavior with or without the extension. I tried to verify that just now, and was unable to do so. Without the extension the damages consistently round down. With the extension I've seen them round either direction.

The amount of free time I have available to me to do recreational programming has become severely restricted as of late. It is doubtful that any fixes or enhancements to this extension will be forthcoming in the immediate future.

Hi Minty,

This extension would be awesome, but unfortunately the default visibility section (at the bottom of an effect's window for a character sheet action) "clashes" with the Effect Targeting Enhancement extension - there's no error, simply the section does not appear. I know you effectively have no time working on it, but if you happen to find some time, would you be able to look into that?

(The referred extension is this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nt-(Extension) )

Quote Originally Posted by edem View Post
    ?.. "clashes" with the Effect Targeting Enhancement extension...

(The referred extension is this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nt-(Extension) )
    Welcome to the forums edem

The effects targeting extension is no longer compatible with the current version of FG and shouldn't be used. See post #1 in the thread you link.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information