5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Thank you LordEntrails, really appreciated.

Some more clarifications:

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Initially WotC did not allow FG to call it the Player's Handbook. But it was/is the same things and has all the same content etc. More recently they have allowed FG to call it the Player's Handbook. Not all reference to the "D&D Complete Core Class Pack" have been updated to PHB.
    Are there also some more differences between PHB and D&D Complete Core Class Pack? For example, as I understand the former is an unique book/module, while the class pack is divided in several packs, which maybe are more practical because allow you to upload only the classes (pack) you need?
    The same question for MM and Monster Packs..

Not sure why some mention the 5E ruleset, since it's built-in/included its irrelevant.
    Does it refer to the basic ruleset included in any FGC license?

The MM is probably suggested so you can access graphics (non-letter) tokens and might also be used for some optional encounters where you might want to add additional creatures.
    Dont you find adding MM a bit awkward, since a lot of monsters will be displayed twice (unless you select just one of the two sources)?

I don't. But if there is something you want to reference, then you can open it. Again, open it when you need it, no need to keep it open.
    May I load/unload some modules also after the first selection I made at the start of the game session? Or have I to exit, start again and make a new selection?

Yes, or just replace the token in the Encounter. You can actually have 5 goblins in an encounter and put a unique token on each one
    This is the most important point now: HOW can I do it?

The PHB and the Complete Core Class pack are one and the same thing. The only difference is the name.

Each of the Class Packs contain only one class so if you are a player and want to just play a fighter then that could be an option. If you are the DM then you'll want the PHB since it contains everything. Same for the MM - each individual monster pack just contains those monster types; so if all you want is to use Dragons then the dragon pack is all you need. Personally I can see no benefit in buying the monsters in packs over just getting the MM.

No it refers to the 5e ruleset. Not sure either why the module refers to requiring it.

If you have the Monster Manual then this would allow you to change any of the monsters in an adventure if you wanted to. You do not need to have the MM open during play but would need it for preparation if you wanted to change any of the monsters in an adventure. Unless you want to be able to change monsters in an adventure you don't need the MM to run one.

Yes you can load/unload modules any time you like.

Start an encounter and drag one NPC into it. Drop a new token on the token at the far left of the NPC. Drag another monster into the encounter and it will create a new line; change the token and keep doing the same thing until you have all the monsters with the tokens that you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you Zacchaeus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The PHB and the Complete Core Class pack are one and the same thing. The only difference is the name.

Each of the Class Packs contain only one class so if you are a player and want to just play a fighter then that could be an option.
    I am confused now (see above the bolded parts): the Complete Core Class pack is composed by multiple - and separate - packs, one for each class, and they all together have the same contents/classes of the PHB...right?

No it refers to the 5e ruleset. Not sure either why the module refers to requiring it.
    What does ' built-in 5E Ruleset' mean? The PHB + MM + DMG?
    This is the source: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...p?id=WOTC5ECOS

Yes you can load/unload modules any time you like.
    How?

Start an encounter and drag one NPC into it. Drop a new token on the token at the far left of the NPC. Drag another monster into the encounter and it will create a new line; change the token and keep doing the same thing until you have all the monsters with the tokens that you want.
    When you write "drag one NPC/monster into the encounter" you mean drag it in the Combat Tracker or in the map?
    Last edited by Galdor; April 8th, 2020 at 10:39.

So that people know it is only for the 5E ruleset, and cannot be loaded in other FG rulesets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    So that people know it is only for the 5E ruleset, and cannot be loaded in other FG rulesets.
    Ah sorry, we are talking about the store description. For whatever reason I thought we were talking about the contents of the actual module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Thank you Zacchaeus.

I am confused now (see above the bolded parts): the Complete Core Class pack is composed by multiple - and separate - packs, one for each class, and they all together have the same contents/classes of the PHB...right?
    The complete Core Class Pack was the name given to the Player's Handbook originally. The Players Handbook contains everything - all of the classes; all of the rules; all of the customization options. The Players Handbook is a single module which contains everything that the class packs and the customization packs include and a lot more.
    What does ' built-in 5E Ruleset' mean? The PHB + MM + DMG?
    This is the source: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...p?id=WOTC5ECOS
    The ruleset is the framework which allows you to play the game. It contains the templates for character sheets; knows how to roll the dice; knows what an attack and damage is etc. It does not contain any DLC such as the PHB. MM or DMG.

How?

When you write "drag one NPC/monster into the encounter" you mean drag it in the Combat Tracker or in the map?
    I mean drag it into the encounter. Click on 'Encounters'; create a new one and drag NPCs into it.

More information on encounters here, https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...and+Encounters

OK, thank you again Zacchaeus.

Last two questions/doubts on ruleset:

The ruleset is the framework which allows you to play the game. It contains the templates for character sheets; knows how to roll the dice; knows what an attack and damage is etc. It does not contain any DLC such as the PHB. MM or DMG.
    So the 'built-in 5E Ruleset' cited is the ruleset included in FGC Standard by default?

About a different ruleset: Numenera is another ruleset included in FGC Standard by default, but it doesn't have NPC, right?
    Last edited by Galdor; April 8th, 2020 at 12:19.

OK, thank you again Zacchaeus.

Last two questions/doubts on ruleset:

So the 'built-in 5E Ruleset' cited is the ruleset included in FGC Standard by default?

About a different ruleset: Numenera is another ruleset included in FGC Standard by default, but it doesn't have NPC, right?
    Yes both of these rulesets are included by default. You should see both rulesets in the start screen even with the demo license.

You are correct in that Numenara, whilst it is a supported ruleset, there is no content available for it under license.

Thanks all of you, you've been useful.

Edit: I didn't find in the initial post an insight about modules composed by a Players module and by another module (usually a DM module).

For example: Volo's Guide to Monsters is divided into a DM only module and a Player's module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...p?id=WOTC5EVGM)
    Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide likewise is divided into a Campaign Guide module and a Player's Guide module.

As DM, what is suggested to load? Both or just the DM module? What is the purpose of such two modules? If I load both, I will find duplicates in items, npc, etc? (I find annoying the duplicates in the FG list)
    Last edited by Galdor; April 8th, 2020 at 17:02.

Could anyone clarify what I asked in my previous post?

Thread Information