Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Just curious and sorry if this is off topic a bit.
    I was wondering if anyone had thought about creating an online xml NPC creator? Say a web page opens up, you select various things (races, age, class, etc) then select basic equipment from a list, skills, etc and the scripts generate the XML that could then be copied and pasted into the database that FG uses. My thought is that if you could get it to produce code that could easily be copied and paste (wth either no changes or very very minor ones) it would allow for many many more NPCs to be entered into the FG system.
    Would this even be possible? Not sure as I have not looked into the code side of FG, but can you cut and paste into the database file?
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

I thought about that, just wish I had time to make something like that, I think it would be nice to have. Hopefully someone else will take the time to do it.

Since msd revamped the downloads area on the AD site I cannot find a link to the NPC xml creator... does anyone have a current link to this?
    Murder at Avedon Hill - Official site for novel being released February, 2007 (podcast release also begins February, 2007)
    Four Ugly Monsters - Honorary Monster, ret.

I have just uploaded it again.

ONLY the NPC software not a certain other program that caused a lot of trouble before ops:

Whats the scoop on that? I thought it might be made available as a free download?

rv

I lost my copy of the source code on that and wrote a new version for myself taht used a different format completely that would work with my Darwin's World Ruleset.

ops:

Thread Information