5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Primeval Thule Cleric Domains

Hello!

I'm creating some characters for a Thulean game and I can't figure out how to automatically create the Cosmic or Ophidian domains on the character sheet. When I select Cleric as a class it pops up all the domains from the PHB but not from the Thule books. Is there another way to do it that I'm just not seeing? The domains are in the Reference section of the player's book but I can't figure out how to drag them to my character sheet.

There are also no separate listing of Domain Spells under the Thule spell list.

Thanks!

Kelly
    Last edited by NotRussellCrowe; June 19th, 2016 at 00:42.

Hadn't noticed the domains were not drag/drop. Good catch. You can always add the info manually to the character sheet, but hopefully someone can look into making them drag/drop in the future.

For Spells, they are all listed under the index. Some of the spells are from the Sorcerer or Druid lists depending on which domain you choose.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

hi, jshauber.

Yeah, I went ahead and added things manually, just thought maybe I was missing something. It's not a big deal, only two domains, took me longer to scour through everything to see if I missed it than to just add it all myself.

Thanks and happy gaming!

Hmm, not sure that this can ever be automated. To enable the options to choose the archetypes (Domains in the Cleric's case) the whole class needs to be parsed, not just the domain itself. Then, when the PHB and the other source are both open, FG will pull all of the archetypes from all of the sources. The best example of this is the Sword Coast Adventure Guide. The classes there are complete but only the archetypes detailed in the SCAG are in that book. But if you are creating a character with both modules open you'll get the choice of all of the archetypes.

So in order to get this to work, material which was not included in the original Thule books would have to be added and that can't be done.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, Zacchaeus, that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The classes there are complete but only the archetypes detailed in the SCAG are in that book. But if you are creating a character with both modules open you'll get the choice of all of the archetypes.
    Couldn't that be done the same way here? If the GM has the PHB and Thule modules activated, couldn't they be "merged" like the PHB and SCAG? Or, is there some WotC limitation here? If there is a WotC restriction, then could the SRD and Thule be merged (i.e. data from both available together if both are opened) in a similar way to include just OGL material?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can't the Cleric base class from the SRD be included under the OGL? If it is a problem to include the attribution and license to the Primeval Thule product (although it already uses the OGL,) it seems like it would be simple enough to create a stand-alone with the class options (with Sasquatch permission) and bundle it with the package, or make it available to everyone. The info in the free Primeval Thule Traveler's Guide could be thrown in to make it a promotional tool for the setting and Fantasy Grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Couldn't that be done the same way here? If the GM has the PHB and Thule modules activated, couldn't they be "merged" like the PHB and SCAG? Or, is there some WotC limitation here? If there is a WotC restriction, then could the SRD and Thule be merged (i.e. data from both available together if both are opened) in a similar way to include just OGL material?
    Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    Can't the Cleric base class from the SRD be included under the OGL? If it is a problem to include the attribution and license to the Primeval Thule product (although it already uses the OGL,) it seems like it would be simple enough to create a stand-alone with the class options (with Sasquatch permission) and bundle it with the package, or make it available to everyone. The info in the free Primeval Thule Traveler's Guide could be thrown in to make it a promotional tool for the setting and Fantasy Grounds.
    I don't have an answer but I will try to find out. Certainly Thule assumes the basic information in the SRD and all of the SRD classes has at least one Archetype. As I said though it would mean including all of the class information from the SRD in the actual Thule product for the merging to work - at the moment the classes in Thule were only par5ed as reference material rather than classes. For Thule itself I think this would only affect the Cleric since that seems to be the only class with an archetype. However I've just done a Player's Companion for Thule and there are several Archetypes in that which can't also be automated without the rest of the class information.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; June 19th, 2016 at 22:04.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    However I've just done a Player's Companion for Thule and there are several Archetypes in that which would can't also be automated without the rest of the class information.
    Is this going to end up in the store? Are we getting more Thule content?

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Is this going to end up in the store? Are we getting more Thule content?
    Yes, and yes.

Thread Information