5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Digital Adventures August Release -- Complete SRD Ruleset!

It's finally here! A ruleset for Fantasy Grounds that features all of the information contained within the d20 Standard Reference Document!

What you get with this jam-packed ruleset:

- This product contains the full text of the d20 System Reference Documents.

- The complete text of the d20 SRD

- A quick reference that puts important tables at your fingertips.

- Class information for Epic, Psionic, and Prestige Classes.

- An expanded spell reference that includes Epic, Divine, and Psionic Spells.

- An expanded monster reference that includes Epic and Psionic Monsters.

- New Divine Domains and spells, as well as rules for planes and deities.

- An expanded list of weapons, armor, gear, and magical items.

- ...and much more than we could reasonably list here, all for the low price of $5.00 a download!!

This is the first major ruleset release from Digital Adventures, and sets a high standard for all future rulesets! You can purchase the Complete SRD Ruleset by going to RPG, or follow this link:

https://www.rpgnow.com/product_info....ducts_id=5200&

For more information on this and other products from Digital Adventures visit our website at: https://www.digitaladventures.net.

Special thanks to the author of this project - Ben Dyer, known in this forum as Zane Marlowe. Great job Ben!

Happy Gaming!

Dang it... something else I'll have buy. Stop it!

Sounds really nice. Good work.

rv

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    Dang it... something else I'll have buy. Stop it!

Sounds really nice. Good work.

rv
    :lol:

... and there's more coming Rich!

Thought I'd post a few screens so people could get a sense of what's in there. Obviously the stuff posted above is present, but being able to get a sense how it looks in the program is cool too.

There's an Equipment Section that contains a tables and information on what's out there, and how to create virtually anything.

There's a Reference Section that comprises the main text of the product and gives you the stuff on everything in the SRD in nice bite-size chunks (i.e., minimizable chunks for reference while running games online).

There's a Quick Reference that contains links to almost every table that appeared in the SRD. Since some tables are buried a few levels in, everything in the quick reference is hierarchically flat and you just go down the list until you find what you're looking for.

The Spell Reference has been updated with additional clerical domains (on the left side of the image), a complete listing of spells, and the brand new Psionic Powers reference feature.

As you can see, it was a heck of a lot of work, and I'm currently sending Hitmen to find Kevin (Thore) since he's practically giving it away. :wink:

Happy Gaming!
    Ben Dyer

My wife's gonna kill me she gonna kill me dead! :lol:

I've not done much with custom rule sets.

If I bought this and used it to create a module could I then release that module for others to use? I think they would have to have the rule set on their own pc right?

rv

I've not done much with custom rule sets.

If I bought this and used it to create a module could I then release that module for others to use? I think they would have to have the rule set on their own pc right?

rv
    If you link it up to the spells, psionics, epics, feats, etc within any ruleset -- then yes. Everything in a ruleset has it's own unique identifiers in the XML code, and all of the ducks need to line up in a row, as the saying goes. You might get lucky and hit a few that are the same, but it is not 100% compatible. I know Ben tried to standardize things as much as possible, so I really can't say for sure without doing a little bit of testing.

However, I believe that if the DM has the ruleset, then they player's don't need it. As far as DA goes, for the present time anything we publish will use the default FG ruleset, until our Complete SRD one is more popular. I am currently looking at some VERY LARGE adventure/campaign ideas, and for something of a larger scale we might build them under the Complete SRD.

Hope that answers your question Rich!

Yes thanks.

Errr... 2 things.

1. I know when you log into a dm with a custom rule set you get a bunch of files downloaded to your system. Is that going to be a problem??

2. I had the same thought about your rule set and items for release. It might be nice to offer your large things in 2 ways, one for folks with the rule set already and one that is bundled with the rule set for more $$ but at a slight cash break.

Just to keep Zane's hit men away it would have to be VERY slight.

rv

Yes thanks.

Errr... 2 things.

1. I know when you log into a dm with a custom rule set you get a bunch of files downloaded to your system. Is that going to be a problem??

2. I had the same thought about your rule set and items for release. It might be nice to offer your large things in 2 ways, one for folks with the rule set already and one that is bundled with the rule set for more $$ but at a slight cash break.

Just to keep Zane's hit men away it would have to be VERY slight.

rv
    #1. Not sure. Uncompressed the ruleset is 10MB. There is a lot of data there. This would be a question for the SmiteWorks tech guys. I'll look into it.

#2. Yep ... I've thought of that already. 8)

Thanks for the feedback Rich!

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of after logging into a system with the rule set and getting the files I might have a copy of it on my system without paying for it...?

I figure the more feed back I give the better stuff you'll put out... that I'll have to pay for... hey!

rv

Thread Information