STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    This is the first I've been able to get back on, sorry.
    The email link didn't work, but I figured the link was unique.
    I was gonna email it around but wanted to check back and ask - but it looks like the answer is already in the thread, so thanks.

For reference if it matters, these are the things I tried on my AMD 64 bit windows 8.1 pro machine that did not work
    Turned off adblock and restarted chrome
    Installed thunderbird, made it default system handler for email during install
    installed a chrome extension to handle mailto: within chrome using gmail
    turned adblock back on, restarted gmail, retried both

Quote Originally Posted by nickabbey View Post
    This is the first I've been able to get back on, sorry.
    The email link didn't work, but I figured the link was unique.
    I was gonna email it around but wanted to check back and ask - but it looks like the answer is already in the thread, so thanks.

For reference if it matters, these are the things I tried on my AMD 64 bit windows 8.1 pro machine that did not work
    Turned off adblock and restarted chrome
    Installed thunderbird, made it default system handler for email during install
    installed a chrome extension to handle mailto: within chrome using gmail
    turned adblock back on, restarted gmail, retried both
    I just had a friend use my code, which was sent via email, and I see that he also shared the giveaway on his page.
    My entry count is still at 3 but I suppose it probably does not instantly update.

Quote Originally Posted by nickabbey View Post
    I just had a friend use my code, which was sent via email, and I see that he also shared the giveaway on his page.
    My entry count is still at 3 but I suppose it probably does not instantly update.
    I've had 5 friends confirm that they signed up using the tracker but my entry count hasn't moved. I know for sure at least 3 of them shared the link or tweeted but my entry count hasn't moved. I also noticed that when I refresh the php page for the giveaway widget, I get a different code every time. I'm slightly concerned that it's not working or that I'm somehow "doing it wrong". If it's broken then it's broken, things happen... but I feel like a jerk asking my friends to do something for me that they might not have done otherwise but having nothing come of it.

Blog Entries
    I see that you have 3 entries for the Twitter, FB follow and tweet and then 2 more for Refer a friend. Josh and Lywis.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I see that you have 3 entries for the Twitter, FB follow and tweet and then 2 more for Refer a friend. Josh and Lywis.
    Hmm that's interesting.... I emailed a few friends the link from my page, and also posted it on facebook. The two that you confirmed are the only two that I know of for sure that used the link from my fb page and they both took one of the actions to get an entry. Josh did an FB share, and Lywis either followed or tweeted (not 100% sure). Everyone else who told me they did it, received the link via email. That's weird... but it's enough to go on to ask my other friends to use the link on my page to try to get the 10 entries before the cutoff

Also, for what it's worth, when I go to the giveaway page it shows that I still have 3 entries, not 5. Prob just a display bug if you see 5, but worth mentioning I guess.

Thanks for the response

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm not sure if it tallies beyond the 3 main entries. I'll let the RaffleCopter people know, though, because that would definitely provide a better user experience. I do see people with around 9 entries from that type.

I was finally able to get the email thing to work by trying it on my phone. Must be some plug in or extension on my computer interfering with their code.

Kelly

This is Awesome!!! I entered and sent a link to the groups of people I play Table Top games with to try to get them on here and your Social Media. I did have a question regarding the giveaway, since I already have an Ultimate License and all of the D&D 5E content, could I give the prize(s) to a person of my choosing if I win?

Thanks Doug (and everyone else at SmiteWorks!)

P.S. I have a friend who DMs our Pathfinder group and uses Roll20. We are always having issues with the site and I've been telling them about FG for a while now. They already have $$ sunk into Roll20 and are kinda reluctant to switch so I'd love to be able to give them the license if I won.
    Last edited by PopinFRESH; June 20th, 2016 at 16:29.

Blog Entries
    Yes, we will allow it to be transferred if you win.

I entered this ASAP I hope I am lucky!

Thread Information