DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

A question about masking

I am happy to say that my friends and I will soon be purchasing your wonderful product. I am toying with the Demo at the moment, and have a question.

Can I remask an area after the players leave it. I am thinking that this option would work great for a maze that my group may end up exploring. If I could do this, it would be really easy for the characters to get genuinely lost.

thanks
    tam

I'd have to play with it a bit... I think you can totaly mask the map and then remove a new area. Not sure if you would end up totaly unmasking the map during that process though.

rv

Yes you can remask an image after the players leave it. You would probably want to unshare the map first if you are doing it during a play session.
    Murder at Avedon Hill - Official site for novel being released February, 2007 (podcast release also begins February, 2007)
    Four Ugly Monsters - Honorary Monster, ret.

But he wants to remask it while the players are still on it. So the players make their way though the maze and he unmaskes as they move, then remaskes in behind them and unmaskes more map in front of them.

rv

sorry... it would be a multi-step process... mask, share, move, unmask, unshare, mask all, unmask new, share, etc.
    Murder at Avedon Hill - Official site for novel being released February, 2007 (podcast release also begins February, 2007)
    Four Ugly Monsters - Honorary Monster, ret.

re-mask

That one would be one my wishlist too :wink:
    Or an even simpler solution: have a "re-mask all" option so you can quickly hide the entire map then start un-masking areas again.
    At the moment you have to reveal the entre map before you can re-mask it which necessetates unsharing it so the players don't catch a glimpse of the doom that is fast approaching... :twisted:

I'd like to see this as well.

rv

What about some sort of floating mask that the DM could move? Instead of a static anti-fog-of-war thing, he could snag it and move it across the map, simulating the characters moving across the map.
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Yeah, that would be way cool. The only problem is that Fantasy Grounds have no concept of walls, so that would from time to time expose what's on the other side of a wall unless that could be solved.

Ah good point, didnt think of that, and please do not change the way of uploading maps from whatever to some sort of CC2 thing or the other Dxxxxx mapping thing, I love creating my own maps and that is one of the things that really attracted me to this software, I can simply load in the maps I already have on my website to the software and I am ready to go!
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Thread Information