STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Weapons, PHB page 14: "For attacks with ranged weapons, use your Dexterity modifier for attack and damage rolls. A weapon that has the thrown property, such as a handaxe, can use your Strength modifier instead."

This is one of those shining moments where one bit of the rulebook differs from another. Ask you DM™

I think it should use charisma.... Imean honestly the only reason ANYONE would use a net as a ranged weapon would be to look cool doing it!
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Keene
    Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    It is ranged, meaning it defaults to dex. The thrown property says "If the weapon is a melee weapon, you use the same ability modifier for that attack roll and damage roll that you would use for a melee attack with the weapon." The net is not a melee weapon, however, and it does not have the finesse property, so...

Personally, I agree that it is perfectly reasonable to use your strength modifier with a net. It is always interesting to me, though, when official products seem not to follow the letter of the rules.
    cool

Silly me, I forgot to check the character creation section for combat rules. Nice catch, spite.

Thread Information