DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Harried in Hillsfar questions for DMs or players who have completed it *****SPOILERS*

So I am reading through Harried in Hillsfar to prep for this weeks session we will be doing the Death Section. My question is what happens to Seppremis the elf .. It gives no stats on him and gives no indication on what he does durring the combat or what happens after.. He just makes an evil statement and then is just ignored.. Or am I totally missing something.... Would like to know how you guys played this as a DM or if you are a player what your DM did in this situation.
    Last edited by sasigns; June 6th, 2016 at 23:53.

Pg. 34 of the PDF you linked (might want to remove that by the way, I have it already, but sharing those is not permitted)
    "Seppremis's stats
    are irrelevant, for he is just a commoner. He has already
    completed his part of the ritual, however. If attacked
    successfully, he simply dies--but the ritual plays out
    regardless."

If you want an AC and HP, then use a commoner with a new name, or just AC 10 HP 1 instant death.

So my group has just finished the first encounter and we are moving onto the third. I finished reading the entire adventure and I have to say I am kinda disappointed.
    I mean really what is the point? What ties these mini adventures together.. What is the over arching message that the party was to uncover when they completed all 5 mini adventures...?

I felt the same sense of disappointment with Harried in Hillsfar. I ran it twice at my FLGS, and did not care for it. The core idea of the adventure is to introduce some of the effects on the surface world of the madness that is brewing in the Underdark. But the overall story is so incoherent that it does virtually nothing to drive that point home.

In general, the Rage of Demons season of Adventurer's League was extremely hit or miss in terms of adventure quality. And even the good adventures have almost no editing, including blatant copy-paste errors, spelling and grammar errors, etc. Although I no longer participate in Adventurer's League, my hope for the program is that the DM's Guild will help with the quality. Given that each individual adventure is essentially crowd-source reviewed and rated, the cream should rise to the top, and author's should be incentivized monetarily to make their adventures as interesting and polished as possible.

From what I have found each of the mini adventures drops hint about various Demon lords influence ( Grazzt, Zuggtmoy, Yeenoghu, Baphomet and Orcus) in that order. However as a New DM and having all new players I dont really know how they expected this to be common knowledge.. So I think I am going to have Seppremis have a diary about how he was going to each of the locations and placing a mark of these various demons to help spread their influence to tie it in or something... other wise it just ends flat with no real reasons for any of this to be happening other than the madness that is brewing in the Underdark I guess although again I dont know how they were suppose to jump that conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by CNYGamer99 View Post
    In general, the Rage of Demons season of Adventurer's League was extremely hit or miss in terms of adventure quality. And even the good adventures have almost no editing, including blatant copy-paste errors, spelling and grammar errors, etc.
    I can say that the Curse of Strahd season is no different.

Thread Information