5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Division of dice rolls or custom dice?

Hi folks.

Question... Is it possible to divide a die result when using a monster tab's Roll field? for example if I have a weapon that I want to deal 1-6 points of damage. I'd put Sword:1d6, but what if I have a weapon that does 1-2 damage. Is there a way to have something like Club: 1d6/3 so that the result would be 1 or 2?
    If not is there a way to add custom dice like 2 sided, 3 sided, etc... Of course if worse comes to worse I can just use a 1d6 and have everyone know that the result must be divisible by 3, but that adds a little extra awareness on the players and GM. I'd love to be able to pick exact die results so that the clicking on the weapon automatically will roll the proper damage.

If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Thanks,
    John

For what ruleset?

You can amend the dice in the NPC sheet so that for example it reads 1d2 instead of 1d6. Alternatively you can use the dice in the dice pool. Right click over any of the dice to see the possibilities; for example in 5e (don't know about other rulesets) if you right click over the d6 one of the options is custom dice allowing for a roll of 1d3 or 1d2. Another alternative is to use the chat command /die 1d2.

There isn't however a way to build an expression which divides the result - you can add or subtract a number but can't perform other mathematical functions on a dice.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ugh! forgive me, I forgot to mention I'm using the CoreRPG set.

Just use "Sword: 1d2".

Blog Entries
    Yep. Just use 1d2, 1d3.
    MoreCore extension also adds rolling dice for 1d5/7/15/24 and a few others.

1d2 1d3 doesn't work in CoreRPG. I've tried before and just again now. I have a monster in it's rolls field I put sword: 1d2 and sword: 1d3. When I click on both none of those work or show any results.

Blog Entries
    Aieee - I see what you are doing now.
    Have a look at MoreCore extension. It will allow you to have attack rolls that use valid /die commands (including 1d2) and in about a week I will release MoreCore ruleset which is basically the next version of MoreCore extension but packaged as a ruleset because logically that is how it is used....

damned,

Quick question. Regarding 1d2 and 1d3 dice in CoreRPG or MoreCoreRPG. I have physical d2 and d3 dice and was wondering how hard would it be to actually have those dice actually within the FG software? You know with the rest of the dice located at the bottom left of the FG desktop? Is it hard to add extra dice types, I mean the actual dice graphics and then making them roll just like the stock dice that come with the system?

I'd love to be able to use d2 and d3 dice and have actual visual representations of those dice. If worse came to worse is there perhaps a blank d6 dice that can be used in FG so that when the d2 or d3 rolls it would simply roll a blank visual die and then report the proper value in the chat frame?

Blog Entries
    Hi Draugr its not possible to put 3d representations of additional dice on the screen (afaik) - this is a part of the engine and isnt extendable.
    When you do use a command line (or in the more likely case - rolling from MoreCore charsheet) you will see the 3d fate dice bounce around the screen but it will display the results 1-2 or 1-3 as you would expect it to.
    Im having trouble with two of the enhanced dice scripts and that is slowing me down. I might finish the other items off and push it out and come back to the dice after that.
    Its not very easy to capture dice bouncing around teh screen but hopefully this will explain it better...

Thanks I see what you are saying. That is fine. Too bad the devs haven't implemented a blank die for situations exactly like the ones shown above. The Fate dice are fine, but if a blank die was rolled it would just look cleaner in my opinion I guess.

Can't wait to see MoreCore, from the research I've done so far it looks like its going to be a killer upgrade.

Oh... My current custom RPG set of ruels is using CoreRPG. When MoreCore is released how difficult would it be to carry over my data from CoreRPG to MoreCore? I'm still fairly new to FG but I'm guessing any story data and tables could be easy, and it might only require me to re-create the custom hero sheet, monsters and NPCs data. Does that sound about right?

Thanks

Thread Information