DICE PACKS BUNDLE

What to do with the 4e Parser files after the program runs

Hi all.

I ran the 4e Parser software that valeros so kindly provided. I used the default settings. It ran for about 8 hours downloading huge player files, and then again for about 3 hours downloading less huge dungeon master files.

My question is, once that process is done, what do I do with the files that it downloaded in order to integrate them into Fantasy Grounds? Is there a tutorial or document somewhere that explains that process?

Thank you very much.

CNYGamer99

This wiki page may help:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...erview#Modules

You can quickly go to the FG data folder by clicking the folder button near the upper right corner of the launch screen.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for pointing out the page, Moon Wizard.

By running the 4e Parser using all default settings, both for the player files and the dungeon master files, I ended up with the following:

4e Dungeon Master's Guide 6725 Entries 2016_0530.txt
    4e Dungeon Master's Guide.mod
    4e Player's Handbook 19218 Entries 2016_0530.txt
    4e Player's Handbook.mod
    a subdirectory called 4e Dungeon Master's Guide that contains:
    • db.xml
    • definition.xml
    • thumbnail.png
    a subdirectory called 4e Player's Handbook
    • client.xml
    • definition.xml
    • thumbnail.png

I basically just wholesale dropped all of that stuff into ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\modules\ and it shows up in my library list and I can activate Player's Handbook and Dungeon Master's Guide. And when I'm trying to create a character I can view all of the options for various classes, races, etc. But when I try to drag a race or class onto my character sheet, it will not populate the sheet with the various rules options.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much for the help.

Jamie

The 4E ruleset and the modules are not built to support drag and drop of races and/or classes.

The only ruleset that supports this currently is the 5E ruleset with official modules or modules generated by Par5E.

Regards,
    JPG

Oh, okay. I'm new to FG, so I didn't realize that. So does that mean when you create characters using 4e (and other non-D&D-5e rules) you have to enter all character abilities and powers by hand?

CNYGamer99

I believe that you can drag and drop the abilities and powers from the module.

JPG

Thread Information