FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Battle Maps

Battle Maps

Given the scale of some of these fights and the movement powers available, I have been playing with the idea of google map screen captures as battle maps for encounters outside. Any thoughts on this?

For what it is worth I am running an irl game for my sons and their friends to get up to speed on the rules. Once I've mastered that I am going to slog through getting something built out for M&M. The largest issue for me is technical. I do fine with 5e, but the development work in 5e is pretty amazing. The other rule sets just do not seem as supported and M&M the least of all of the official ones.

I do this for my MnM games. It works great. You're spot on about needing the larger scale battle area for these fights. I've used screenshots of downtown Chicago, Central Park, downtown Atlanta, the Montauk area of Long Island.

I like using maps also. Sometimes, though, it just has to be done "Theater of the Mind" style when you have heroes who can get anywhere really fast but the large scale maps of cities would really work there.

Thread Information