DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    When I wrote Unkown Whom, I needed PCs to have a proficiency of 1, so I created this effect. You can manipulate it to create any proficiency changes.

Proficiency 1; ATK: -1; CHECK: -1; SAVE: -1
    Thanks rob2e!

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    When I wrote Unkown Whom, I needed PCs to have a proficiency of 1, so I created this effect. You can manipulate it to create any proficiency changes.

Proficiency 1; ATK: -1; CHECK: -1; SAVE: -1
    Wouldn't that unfairly reduce checks and saves that the player doesn't have proficiency in?

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Wouldn't that unfairly reduce checks and saves that the player doesn't have proficiency in?
    Correct. If you really want to do this you'd have to specify each save and skill the character is proficient in, in order to not give a penalty to saves/skills that the character does not have proficiency

This would work a lot better if we could modify proficiency like we can with AC. In fact, there are a lot of monsters that temporarily reduce a characters base attributes so it would be nice to have an effect like

prof: -1

Or

STR: -1

Quote Originally Posted by crankdawg47 View Post
    This would work a lot better if we could modify proficiency like we can with AC. In fact, there are a lot of monsters that temporarily reduce a characters base attributes so it would be nice to have an effect like

prof: -1

Or

STR: -1
    Attribute effects have been there since day 1. See the "Abilities" section of the "Modifiers" table here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers STR: -1 is exactly what you'd use.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Attribute effects have been there since day 1. See the "Abilities" section of the "Modifiers" table here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers STR: -1 is exactly what you'd use.
    Cool thanks for pointing that one out. But that illustrates my point.

We can alter and tweak so much under the hood that the omission of the ability to tweak proficiency is pretty glaring. I'm running a 5e campaign using rules to extend play past lv20 but the proficiency is hard coded to increase by 1 every 5 levels even though I don't want it to go up past +6.

Not trying to be a **** about it. Just trying to voice a request for me and others like me who want to use material that isn't exactly official.

Quote Originally Posted by crankdawg47 View Post
    Cool thanks for pointing that one out. But that illustrates my point.

We can alter and tweak so much under the hood that the omission of the ability to tweak proficiency is pretty glaring. I'm running a 5e campaign using rules to extend play past lv20 but the proficiency is hard coded to increase by 1 every 5 levels even though I don't want it to go up past +6.

Not trying to be a **** about it. Just trying to voice a request for me and others like me who want to use material that isn't exactly official.
    I was purely letting you know that your request for attribute modifiers was present in the system and had been for a while.

Otherwise, for proficiency, I suggest you add your request to the FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Everything is possible crankdawg47 but it all requires coding and there is a finite limit on the resources available.
    The team have to prioritise what they can and what they do implement.
    Add your request to the Wishlist so that the devs can see it and others can vote on it.
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Everything is possible crankdawg47 but it all requires coding and there is a finite limit on the resources available.
    The team have to prioritise what they can and what they do implement.
    Add your request to the Wishlist so that the devs can see it and others can vote on it.
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Totally get that. Thanks. It can be hard to guage tone via text. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not trying to come off as until apreciative.

You probably should watch video 8 in this series which shows you exactly how to use effects to alter proficiency bonuses
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information