FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

a couple of questions about official 7th ed release

I have seen a notice that there is a planned official release of the 7th edition in a few momnths, which, to do it right may take longer, but,....

one: Is there an estimated price of the official version?

two: will there be a utility available to convert the non 7th edition modules that are already released?

i know the answers to these questions are theoretical guesses, but i could use the info. thanks

Hi shardan,

The price of commercial rulesets and modules is, at least in part, dictated by the game's publisher. Normally it will be around the same price as the PDF version of the real game (or the physical version, if PDFs don't exist, as is the case for DnD 5e). The CoC Ruleset 7e will include the main Keeper's Guide, so that should give you an idea.
    After the main release, we'll be releasing the Investigator's Guide and other books.

The intention is that the ruleset will be compatible with all older CoC modules with the stats of creatures and personalities being automatically converted to 7e. There may be some issues, but it should makenthem perfectly usable in 7e.

thank you very much, this is exactly the information i was hoping for. granted i would have liked the rulesets to be a little cheaper, but this is all welcome and good news.

even better about the conversion, i am about to stockpile on existing modules. I appreciate the quick response, and it's all good news.

Hi,

I also have a question: will the 6th edition ruleset be discontinued? By this I mean will the ruleset be no longer on sale?

Thanks,
    Quico.

Blog Entries
    They are separate products. I think the 6e might continue to be sold - its cheaper for one thing and theres always edition war kinda stuff!

How is 7e coming along? Will it be out next month (Got the impression that was the goal) or is it likely that it will be delayed a couple more months?
    Will the Investigator's Guide be released at the time of the Keeper's Guide release, or do we have to wait a bit more on it?

I'm quite hyped about the 7e release, and can't wait for it to be released - but of course take the time and get it done right.

Blog Entries
    I dont know on the exact timing. ianmward finished the chase tracker last week and I did another 28 pages of the main book last night. I think in the interest of getting it out the Investigators Guide will follow the ruleset rather than be released at the same time. There may be some bonuses in the Investigators Guide like easier character builds...

Alright, thanks for the answer

Blog Entries
    7 second update: Im doing Tomes and Spells right now in the conversion process....

I look forward to seeing this product line. God speed to your development work.

Thread Information