FG Spreadshirt Swag

How do I subtract a negative modifier?

I have custom attributes that range on a percentage scale. Let's say a player has a Strength of 65.

The PnP method of our system is to roll d% and subtract the result from the Attribute to determine the number of successes (every 10 under is a success).

As FG does not support this, I am simply trying to reverse the order of things so that negatives are a good thing now. So I want the player to roll d% and subtract his Attribute. So rolling a 45, subtracting the Strength of 65 gives a -20 result (or 2 successes). Not how we used to handle our game system, but we'll adapt.

My problem is even with this workaround, I cannot get my character sheet to drag the Attribute over into the modifer window as a negative number.

1) What corrections to my character sheet will let my players drag their Attribute over as a negative to the modifier window?

2) Can you think of a better method of handling our success system with FG?

Here is a code snipet trying to use a "-" drag op and drop op, to no avail. Everyting dragged over is positive.

Code:
    			<numbercontrol name="dexterity">
    				<bounds rect="168,148,32,23" />
    				<drop op="-" />
    				<noreset />
    				<description text="Dexterity" />
    				<limits minimum="0" maximum="100" />
    			</numbercontrol>
    			<numbercontrol name="endurance">
    				<bounds rect="174,179,32,23" />
    				<drag op="-" />
    				<description text="Endurance" />
    			</numbercontrol>

looks like your problem is you are limiting your number from "0" to "100". Maybe try to use a negative number, ie -100.

I'm not sure if that will work, but I think the code may be flawed, because you are in the absolute number plane, from zero to 100, where negative numbers do not exist.

Let me know if this helps.
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Thread Information