DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Modifying OotA NPC stat blocks

I have paid for the Out of the Abyss adventure and have ran a couple of sessions. Is there a way to edit the premade NPC stat blocks to give them new equipment such as armor and weapons. I can manually enter new weapon attacks in, but is there a automotive way to do this by dragging and dropping equipment? Also, I can not seem to edit the NPC armor class in any way. I can manually change the name of the armor the NPC has but it does not update the armor class of the NPC or give me a way to edit their armor class myself.

Also, I have a barbarian in my group and we have the player's handbook purchased. How can he activate when he uses rage and have the program do it automatically?

Blog Entries
    Welcome Forrest21

There is no drag and drop on equipment for NPCs. Just unlock the NPC and bump their stats and add the equipment in. AC is not going to adjust either. No magic at this part of the system Im sorry.

Check out Zacchaeus most excellent effects for the Barbarian: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...barian-Package and more here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ul-information

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest21 View Post
    Also, I have a barbarian in my group and we have the player's handbook purchased. How can he activate when he uses rage and have the program do it automatically?
    See the barbarian effects package here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...barian-Package
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's really disappointing after spending all this money there isn't a easy way to modify the Stat blocks or even change their AC so the rolls vs them can be automated.

Do I still need the barbarian pack if I have the offical handbook bought and added?

That's really disappointing after spending all this money there isn't a easy way to modify the Stat blocks or even change their AC so the rolls vs them can be automated.
    There is an easy way to modify the statblock - just unlock the NPC and make the relevant changes manually. Make sure the padlock in the title bar is showing unlocked - click on it if it is locked. What damned was saying is that changes don't happen automatically if you drag/drop equipment etc. onto the NPC. More info on the NPC sheet here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/5E_NPC_Sheet

Do I still need the barbarian pack if I have the offical handbook bought and added?
    I linked to an effects package (a free community download). This is not the Barbarian portion of the PHB.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    As Trenloe says - the attack/damage calcs are all automated. But dragging weapons and armour in will not adjust those values for you.
    It is a very quick change on the NPC sheet to modify these values.

The Barbarian class is included in the complete core classes but neither Trenloe nor I linked you to any purchases. We linked you to a resource that contains a stack of features for your Barbarian.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    As Trenloe says - the attack/damage calcs are all automated. But dragging weapons and armour in will not adjust those values for you.
    It is a very quick change on the NPC sheet to modify these values.
    I have figured out how to add weapon attacks, though adding them in manually kinda sucks when I paid for the adventure.

There is still no way to change a NPC armor class though?

The Barbarian class is included in the complete core classes but neither Trenloe nor I linked you to any purchases. We linked you to a resource that contains a stack of features for your Barbarian.

Have fun!
    I should've made my question better, so thanks for the help so far. Since my group paid for the official player's handbook, how do we access and use rage from that and have it auto apply the effects? Or is the fan made on the only one that works this way?

Blog Entries
    The official modules contain the info from the physical copies of the same. No more. No less.
    Effects are not in the PHB - they are a SW implementation of various situational modifiers.
    You can create your own Effects and you can use ones that others have created/collected - such as Zacchaeus's excellent set.

To change the AC on a NPC takes 4 seconds. Click the padlock click the AC and type a new number or [ctrl} + scroll wheel up/down whilst over the AC. Attacks take a little longer, (20secs) replicate the exact string that was in there but with your new weapon name and damage. Do this before adding to the CT.

The effects shown on the Complete Barbarian Package (and all the other ones) are there for ease of use. When I wrote them up there were numerous posts from people (just like yours) asking 'how do I set up an effect for... xyz. In order to use the Barbarian Package download the file and then import it into Fantasy Grounds. (Click on the PCs button, then on the small brown icon at the bottom and then on the green arrow and navigate to wherever you saved the file you downloaded). Once you open up the Barbarian you'll see all of the effects listed in the action tab. To copy one of the effects just drag the little icon beside it to your own character's action tab and it will drop it in.

To read more on effects here's a link to the Wiki.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The official modules contain the info from the physical copies of the same. No more. No less.
    Effects are not in the PHB - they are a SW implementation of various situational modifiers.
    You can create your own Effects and you can use ones that others have created/collected - such as Zacchaeus's excellent set.

To change the AC on a NPC takes 4 seconds. Click the padlock click the AC and type a new number or [ctrl} + scroll wheel up/down whilst over the AC. Attacks take a little longer, (20secs) replicate the exact string that was in there but with your new weapon name and damage. Do this before adding to the CT.
    Jumping in here instead of starting another thread. I have a warlock with the investment of the chain master invocation. I've been able to update the save DCs on the familiar (sprite copied and edited), but I can't get it's attacks to read to the game as magic. I tried what shows on the sphinx npc sheet to no avail. Any tips?

Thread Information