Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 36 First 1234513 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Looking good, I do think you need to add 'Scottish' into the flavours somewhere though
    I thought Scottish was in one of those sets?

Set7: smelly, stinky, malodorous, pungent, Scottish, fetid, pungent, acrid, noxious, rank, musty, pongy, whiffy
    Set8: hair, fur, hide, mane, mop, shock, bristles, locks, fuzz, thatch, wool, pelt,

Im really keen to see this extension - and just as keen to see what other interesting sets of descriptors people come up with

Blog Entries
    Pretty nice.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I thought Scottish was in one of those sets?

Set7: smelly, stinky, malodorous, pungent, Scottish, fetid, pungent, acrid, noxious, rank, musty, pongy, whiffy
    Set8: hair, fur, hide, mane, mop, shock, bristles, locks, fuzz, thatch, wool, pelt,
    I need to stop baiting the Aussie; he's good!
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I need to stop baiting the Aussie; he's good!
    I shoulda squeezed a kilt and some blue/brass/swollen/wrinkled/sagging/lonely/diseased bal.... well Im sure you know where that was going!

I actually forgot a set in here:

Set7: smelly, stinky, malodorous, pungent, fetid, pungent, acrid, noxious, rank, musty, pongy, whiffy
    Set8: flea bitten, flea infested, lousy, lice ridden, mangy, matted, groomed, tangled, braided, knotted,
    Set9: hair, fur, hide, mane, mop, shock, bristles, locks, fuzz, thatch, wool, pelt,

damned (malodorous tangled mop)

PS I do think there could be some potential for a few sets of more ribald descriptors!

I agree with damned; this could run and run. I'm watching this one carefully.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've added your "fur" type suggestions damned, thanks a lot

I've also added a lot of "behaviour" type adjectives and nouns.

And I've added two options:
    - The ability to turn the extension on and off
    - The ability to set the chance an NPC gets a flavor. Default 40%, can be set in increments of 10.

And lastly I've uploaded the code to github: https://github.com/Tideturner/npc-flavors
    I still need to test more thoroughly, clean up the code and add comments / documentation. But it's a start

Here's another screenshot:
    Attachment 14197

Blog Entries
    A solo set
    Set10: piercing eyes, glazed eyes, wild eyes, crazed eyes, bloodshot eyes, cross eyed, pointy ears, big ears, torn ear, hairy ears, pierces ears, bushy eyebrows, big nose, flat nose, broken nose, pierced nose, scarred cheek, scarred face, scarred neck, scarred hands, scarred arms, scarred chin,

This is very good fun

Blog Entries
    Ahhhh nice work. I just tested it on a bunch of random encounters. Works very nicely sir - and got some very light hearted combinations going on!

What would I have to change to get it to run in Pathfinder?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Set10: piercing eyes, glazed eyes, wild eyes, crazed eyes, bloodshot eyes, cross eyed, pointy ears, big ears, torn ear, hairy ears, pierces ears, bushy eyebrows, big nose, flat nose, broken nose, pierced nose, scarred cheek, scarred face, scarred neck, scarred hands, scarred arms, scarred chin,
    Thanks, I've added those

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    What would I have to change to get it to run in Pathfinder?
    Hmm, I redid how the original addNPC was called, and only call it if it's implemented in CombatManager2. So now it seems to work in the CoreRPG, PFRPG and 5E. As I can see PF uses the 3.5E ruleset, so presumably that would work also. I'll test on all the rulesets when I find a bit more time.

Then I just need a way of parsing the NPC type depending on what ruleset is loaded.
    I've, for now, added the ability to turn off NPC type checking since it's 5E specific. But that also means you could end up with this bad boy; "Ant, Giant (Nerveous frightened legwork)", hehe

Thread Information