Starfinder Playlist
Page 26 of 36 First ... 162425262728 ... Last
    AFAIK the method of overriding addNPC has now changed. I see no effect from this when adding NPCs to CT now.

EDIT:
    specifically, CombatManager.addNPC is now CombatRecordManager.addNPC
    it now receives a single argument, a table of data keyed to the data type (tData['nodeRecord'] and tCustom['nodeCT'], for example).
    Last edited by bmos; July 23rd, 2022 at 20:45.

I was using this ext for 100% on all creature types. I can confirm that it is no longer working for the newest version of 5e rules. I'm not seeing any errors pop up, and the ext is listed as loaded. Is there anything you'd like me to paste from my client to help you isolate the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Torms Shining Blade View Post
    I was using this ext for 100% on all creature types. I can confirm that it is no longer working for the newest version of 5e rules. I'm not seeing any errors pop up, and the ext is listed as loaded. Is there anything you'd like me to paste from my client to help you isolate the issue?
    Are you adding creatures to the combat tracker through an encounter or just from NPC records. I believe this extension only names NPCs added to the combat tracker from an encounter.

This is working for me. I added creatures to combat tracker from encounter and it gave them amusing names.

Did you remove npc-flavors.ext from your extensions folder and get the latest from the Forge? I was having the same problem until I did (the first post really should be updated with the Forge link). It works fine now (with version 1.9).

Quote Originally Posted by charmov View Post
    Are you adding creatures to the combat tracker through an encounter or just from NPC records. I believe this extension only names NPCs added to the combat tracker from an encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Did you remove npc-flavors.ext from your extensions folder and get the latest from the Forge? I was having the same problem until I did (the first post really should be updated with the Forge link). It works fine now (with version 1.9).

This is not how it used to work, before adding NPCs from the NPC list into the CT if it already had an NPC there it would rename both to flavored names. Now it is ONLY working from the encounters.

I would love to see this go back to doing it BOTH ways as before, the 7-19 update has made this no longer working as it did before, however, as people have noted if you do it from the ECNOUNTERS it will still work.

You don't need to delete the ext for FORGE to update either, that is only if you have a manually edited one. Wont hurt, but also will not fix this issue.

With the change in the FGU update has caused this, having the old version or the new version (which is the same version) will not help.

As I posted earlier, the addNPC function has been changed. That change perfectly explains MrDDT's explanation of the issue.

I didn't test it with encounters, but I'm glad to hear those are working.
    The issue is with adding additional NPCs directly from the NPC list when you already have one in the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    As I posted earlier, the addNPC function has been changed. That change perfectly explains MrDDT's explanation of the issue.

I didn't test it with encounters, but I'm glad to hear those are working.
    The issue is with adding additional NPCs directly from the NPC list when you already have one in the CT.
    I can confirm that, after deleting my original .ext and downloading the Forge version, that this now only works when encounters are added to the combat tracker.

Would be nice if it still supported the add-NPCs-from-list function. Using encounters is a few extra button clicks I don't need.

P.S. I enjoy this extension enough to throw down some money on it, if need be.

Definitely would also throw down money to buy if it were back to the way it worked before! I usually now do not work from encounters in adding to the combat tracker...

Still does not work for me. I deleted the extension and redownloaded. Still does not populate any Flavor names. Try adding from Encounters and by themselves, nope, nothing.

Thread Information