DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 31 of 36 First ... 212930313233 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dannywonderful View Post
    V1.9 (Odor-resistant turban)
    You're running 2 versions behind. Check post #1 for info on the most current version.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You're running 2 versions behind. Check post #1 for info on the most current version.
    I've grabbed the Forge version. Once it finally registers I have it, I should have the latest version and I'll check for errors then.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You also need to remove the version you downloaded directly.
    Yep, done that.

Tried it out ... first NPC name flavored with "mini fuchsia blouse".

Maintaining tone is a key GM responsibility. An extension that injects slapstick comedy without warning would work for GM's that like a silly, comedic tone, but clearly doesn't work for those that don't. Supplanting the GM's choice of tone without warning is .... yeah ... uninstalled immediately. If the silly and whimsical flavors were on the screenshot in the first post, I would understand. "Antagonistic gate" doesn't qualify there.

If you dig into the extension you can change the flavor text to make it more to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by ImSoEnso View Post
    Tried it out ... first NPC name flavored with "mini fuchsia blouse".

Maintaining tone is a key GM responsibility. An extension that injects slapstick comedy without warning would work for GM's that like a silly, comedic tone, but clearly doesn't work for those that don't. Supplanting the GM's choice of tone without warning is .... yeah ... uninstalled immediately. If the silly and whimsical flavors were on the screenshot in the first post, I would understand. "Antagonistic gate" doesn't qualify there.
    You can change the words as Charmov pointed out to ones you find that work to your liking.

If you need help on doing it let me know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charmov View Post
    If you dig into the extension you can change the flavor text to make it more to your liking.
    The screenshot(s) on the first post contain several whimsical entries.
    I have never had a player object to the comedic nature of some of the names - each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You can change the words as Charmov pointed out to ones you find that work to your liking.

If you need help on doing it let me know.
    Is it simply a matter of "unzipping" the EXT, modifying and rezipping using the .ext extension, correct? Does it matter which zip utility is used? A couple years ago, I thought I remembered someone saying don't use X or Y, use Z.... thanks in advance MrDDT

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    Is it simply a matter of "unzipping" the EXT, modifying and rezipping using the .ext extension, correct? Does it matter which zip utility is used? A couple years ago, I thought I remembered someone saying don't use X or Y, use Z.... thanks in advance MrDDT
    The zipping that comes with windows can have some issues.

I use 7zip and it's no issue.

I don't even unzip them, I open them up with 7zip as is and edit the file and update the zip after closing.

Thread Information