STAR TREK 2d20
Page 36 of 36 First ... 26343536
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyLensCap42 View Post
    I'd like to make a feature request, replace not just the number but the entire NPC name OR also apply the description to the Unidentified name. The reason is I'd love the option to hide creature type in Fantasy Grounds for some of my games, and it's a bit of work to set it up manually. Maybe someone knows of another extension that could help. In some games, I much rather like to describe the monsters they come upon. Rather than say it's an Orc, then my players just act accordingly. Because in certain instances it's fun to have some mystery, but I also really love your fun NPC descriptions.
    Hey DustyLensCap42,

As far as I remember the extension still applies flavors when the NPC is unidentified.
    And in the options you can change how the Unidentified name is displayed. I.e you can set it to display "Unknown [type]", or just "Unknown".

Does that not cover what you're looking for?

/Tideturner

Yes! While I was hoping just to replace it with only the random description, that'll probably work better. Communicating that it has not been identified by anyone yet. Sorry, I should've just played around with the options.

Thanks TideTurner!

Just a QOL suggestion. Is there a way to remove a certain word from the possible descriptors? Namely "Snicker". There was an uncomfortable moment a couple weeks ago when the extension gave a fey the "useless snicker" descriptor and it wasn't noticed till after I said it out loud exactly what it was I had inadvertently said.

Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrite View Post
    Just a QOL suggestion. Is there a way to remove a certain word from the possible descriptors? Namely "Snicker". There was an uncomfortable moment a couple weeks ago when the extension gave a fey the "useless snicker" descriptor and it wasn't noticed till after I said it out loud exactly what it was I had inadvertently said.

Appreciate it.
    You can edit the ext file to remove it.

Snicker is a normal word though not sure why you having issues with it.

I don't believe the word they are actually asking to have removed is "snicker", but one that sounds a bit like it. Unfortunately, the word in question is very close to a word you would not want to say on a stream, as it can easily be misconstrued as saying a negative connotation. I also have to quickly look over my list of NPC's when I add them to make sure that I'm not going to get surprised (or banned on Twitch) because someone says something inappropriate in this regard during a session.

npc_flavors_data.lua:245 item # 8
    I'd suggest changing it to snicker, actually.

I had removed it out of mine, I just have to be aware of when the extension gets updated as to not get surprised. Would make it simpler just to remove it, but my issues are mine, so will just continue to modify things as I need too.

Thread Information