Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindstalker View Post
    Hi guys,

as far as I can understand the current state of this extension (great work by the way!), currently there isnīt a way to get these "fantasy grounds ingame sounds" played via the Syrinscape Online Player, right? Only with the Syrinscape App itself, is that correct?
    Would be a shame, because I canīt re-wire my audio setup between my 2 PCs just for that (a quite complex setup for dual pc streaming, audio recording etc.), it would be just too much messing around with too many cables and settings.

Really liking how the sound addon works but would love to give this experience to my online players.
    No, unfortunately, the Syrinscape Online Player users a differnt methodology thatn does the Desktop Player, and doesn't provide the 3rd Party URLs in the same format/structure, so FG and the DOE:Sound can't "play" them.

We've tried to get them working, but I'm afraid, with the way things are at the moment, it is impossible (or, at least, I beleive that to be so - I'll happily be proven wrong).

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Hi Everyone,

It's just been brought to my attention that Syrinscape have updated a number of their older Soundsets (&, I am informed by Benjamin@Syrinscape, they will continue to do so). This has resulted in the 3rd Party URL's of these updated SoundSets to be changed. As a result, any SoundLinks people may have created using these changed SoundSets will no longer work. You can tell if this is the case because (on a Windows PC at least) your Browser will open instead of the sound being played.

To remedy this issue, after you have made sure you have run a Syrinscape Update, you will need to edit the DOE: Sound SoundLink Record and replace the old URL String with the new one copied from Syrinscape, and recreate the SoundLink.

Unfortantely, this issue also affects previous editions of the DOM:SoundLink Library Module and the [I]Fantasy Grounds Sounds[/] Module. I am going through the DOM:SoundLink Module and correcting the issue, and the new Edition(s) will have updated corrections in them as Syrinscape continues to update older SoundSets. Persumably, Rob2ee will do the same for the Fantasy Grounds Sounds Module.

I apologise for the inconvenience, but it was not and is not my fault - it has to do with music creaters releasing their music under a Creative Commons License and then (illegally) putting a "Stop Notice" on people's YouTube Videos who use Syrinscape's Sounds with that music in their videos - because Syrinscape was getting complaints from their users about the YouTube tak-down notices, Syrinsacape decided to remove all CC'd music from their SoundSets and thus updated and continue to update their SoundSets, thus generating new URLs, thus breaking existing SoundLinks.

Cheers
    Ah ha. I wondered what was happening to some of my soundlinks I had embedded. Thanks for the info and the work to get them all updated for the upcoming editions.

Blog Entries
    I spot checked the 5E Sounds Module. Didn't find one that DIDN'T work.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Hi Dulux-Oz, I use your DOE extensions and love them. Thank you for the work. I have done a lot of mapping for different sounds in a LMOP campaing and am about to take the players to the SKT. I would like to be able to transfer all the miniboards I created not to do the work again. Do you have a way of doing this? I read all I could on the forum and also the manual and did not find anything about this. Thank you for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by rgk13 View Post
    Hi Dulux-Oz, I use your DOE extensions and love them. Thank you for the work. I have done a lot of mapping for different sounds in a LMOP campaing and am about to take the players to the SKT. I would like to be able to transfer all the miniboards I created not to do the work again. Do you have a way of doing this? I read all I could on the forum and also the manual and did not find anything about this. Thank you for the help.
    You can export your sounds to a module. Type /export in chat and press return. Fill in the name etc and tick the Sound options you want then click export. You can then open the module you created in another campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    I spot checked the 5E Sounds Module. Didn't find one that DIDN'T work.
    That's good - Syrinscape will continue to update their older SoundSets over the coming months, so you may have to keep an eye on the Syrinscape Updates and check periodically.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

A couple Broken links to your sounds set. How frustrating that they did that!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6f4hnsimk...5%20091305.jpg
    ((July version)

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    A couple Broken links to your sounds set. How frustrating that they did that!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6f4hnsimk...5%20091305.jpg
    ((July version)
    Yeap, I'm aware of all those - thanks for posting them (its always good to have another set of eyes on things, in case I miss something)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Rob, a little bit back, I noticed that the fireball soundlink needed to be reset. It may have just been me though.

After happily using the DOE Sound Extension for many years to link Syrinscape and Fantasy Grounds, I've now run into some issues, following the latest Windows update. I can't seem to set the default playback device from the sound icon in my taskbar any more. If I instead "Open Sound settings", and choose the device from there, I run into issues. When I connect my Sounds channel in Teamspeak, in a new tab, it switches off the mic on my Speech channel, and I can either hear my own voice back, or I can't hear the sounds from Syrinscape at all. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? Thanks!

Thread Information