5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

View Poll Results: How should Autosounds Trigger?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep as is (OOB Messages)

3 6.12%
  • Off Chat Window Strings (more manual work for GM)

4 8.16%
  • Have Both Options Avalaible

38 77.55%
  • Don't care

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 163 First ... 9101112132161111 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    When setting up a full adventure with pins I name all my entries like this:

ENC: 001 Bugbear Ambush
    ENC: 002 Sneak Thief

STORY: 001 Secret Entrance
    STORY: 002 A Warning From the Past

TRAP: 001 Snake Pit

This allows me to quickly know what pin is for what as I hover over them.

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Actually, that functionality is a bug which has been removed from the (soon(tm) to be released) new version - although I am working on something else that will allow the type of thing that Trenloe describes
    What an awesome extension!

For what is worth, as feedback: right now this "bug-functionality" makes the windows media player app to annoyingly pop up over the FG interface each time I activate a local sound. The same thing happens with Soundcloud links, but then it's the web browser instead. I wonder if there's a way to avoid it. Perhaps in the new version?

Warm regards
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    No problem Dulux-Oz. I'm just boosting the signal on a cool extension.

In other news, I spoke with Benjamin at Syrinscape and he's going to send me a complete list of all sounds and moods with the unique URL for each.

Some interesting hacks:
    Paste in a link directly to a URL on sound cloud. Here is one for the BarkSkin spell from BattleBards -- another great Fantasy RPG sound creator
    https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url...se&visual=true

Play a local sound file.
    In this case, if you have the Disgaea PC game from Steam, you can play any of the soundtrack files by going to Google Chrome and doing CTRL+O and searching for an MP3 file to play.
    file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Disgaea%20PC/soundtrack/04.%20AKUMA%20Drops.mp3

A soundtrack file from Sword Coast Legends if you have that installed through Steam:
    file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Sword%20Coast%20Legends/Soundtrack/InonZur-SwordCoastLegends-19-ACalltoBattle.mp3
    OMG!! This extension is amazing !!!
    I had also discovered this feature ...

Quote Originally Posted by demonsbane View Post
    What an awesome extension!

For what is worth, as feedback: right now this "bug-functionality" makes the windows media player app to annoyingly pop up over the FG interface each time I activate a local sound. The same thing happens with Soundcloud links, but then it's the web browser instead. I wonder if there's a way to avoid it. Perhaps in the new version?

Warm regards
    All I can suggest is have the "other app" already loaded and minimised / in the background - I don't know if this'll work to solve this issue, but there's nothing else I can do (due to not being able to manipulate "other apps" from insode FG, only get them to open a given file, like SS playing sounds).

But I'm glad you like it
    Last edited by dulux-oz; May 28th, 2016 at 10:28.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Yeah, I like it a lot. Adding powerful features to Fantasy Grounds is no little thing!

Even minimized or in the background, with the activation of each sound the media player pops again over the interface of Fantasy Grounds. Of course somehow Syrinscape avoids this, but I think it may be a sort of specific feature of the app.
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."

Wolfgang Smith

Sure I like it!

Even minimized or in the background, with the activation of each sound the media player pops again over the interface of Fantasy Grounds. Of course somehow Syrinscape avoids this, but I think it may be a sort of specific feature of the app.
    Yeah, I thought that might happen - oh well, sorry, but there's not much I can do.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Yeah, I thought that might happen - oh well, sorry, but there's not much I can do.
    Hey, no worries dulux-oz! I'm not demanding a solution to that, just asking if there is any known way of circumvention.

What truly matters to me are the immersive sound capabilities added to Fantasy Grounds by means of this extension. Thank you very much!
    M.C. Escher

Wolfgang Smith

Hey, no worries dulux-oz! I'm not demanding a solution to that, just asking if there is any known way of circumvention.

What truly matters to me are the immersive sound capabilities added to Fantasy Grounds by means of this extension. Thank you very much!
    You wait and see what I've got lined up for the next version (I know, I'm such a tease! )
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Is the Sound Board exportable like a normal module?

I was hoping to creating a base sound set/location set that I could then import into all of my campaigns and apply to various locations. I exported and created a module, but the Sound Board didn't show up once opened.

EDIT: Oh I see now, it's coming soon with the next release. Should I go ahead and make up my base sound set and then update when the release comes out to export it? Or will that wipe what I create?
    Last edited by Koreapsu; May 29th, 2016 at 03:05.

You sound be fine too create it now
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10