5E Character Create Playlist

One Shot 5e - BST 8:00 pm, 4 June 2016 - - AAW A1-Crypt of the Sun Lord

DATE CHANGE TO 4 JUNE 2016

UK-based DM looking to see if anyone is interested in a one shot 5e FG session on 4 June 2016 at 8pm BST.

I believe the Adventure -a-Week adventures and some other short adventures converted to Fantasy Grounds would really suit one-shot/one-off events. I don't have time to start dm'ing a second ongoing FG campaign, but I do like the idea of doing a number of one-shots on FG as and when I can - and especially where I have a quiet weekend. I will have to make some deletions to some of the background information which isn't strictly necessary and the deletion of which will speed up the session.

I'm looking for 4 to 5 players this time with 1st level characters. To have the same level of power as the pregenerated characters in Lost Mines of Phandelver (which is what I am looking to do), you will need to use the 27 points "point-buy" rule or the default array. We'll use Teamspeak but I would keep your Skype details ready in case Teamspeak is not reliable and need to be used. I will email the server address upon accepting players. I will have my FG program running for an hour beforehand if you wish to receive the "pushed" player's handbook in creating a character.

... Hailing from the Klavekian kingdom, the PCs venture forth to the lands of the Vikmodere, which essentially correspond to the stereotype of pillaging, evil vikings with longboats etc. Whether these stories are true or just a product of xenophobia remains unclear. The PCs travel on the vast Serpent Lake en route to the village of Rybalka. As they reach shore and camp, though, a goblin makes off with a valuable family heirloom and thus forces the PCs to follow him into the crypt of the sun lord ...

FG License: Ultimate (anyone can join the game, even demo users)

Characters:
    Pregens available or can make a level 1 character an hour prior to gametime on the server (27 points "point-buy" rule or the default array, PHB/SWAG classes/races). Look at https://1-dot-encounter-planner.apps...alculator.html to help in calculating the points, etc.

Text or Voice:
    TeamSpeak, text can be used, but only for emotes, whispers, etc., Keep Skype ready as back up if needed to switch.

Max number of players:
    4-5

Planned Game Duration:
    2-3 hours (until the module ends)

Link to calendar where you can sign up is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1978

Ask any questions you have below.

dmkevin
    Last edited by dmkevin; June 4th, 2016 at 15:18. Reason: rescheduled Date to 4 June 2016 BST

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

DMKevin,
    I would be interested in your one-shot but alas i will be in another one-shot until 1130 (GMT+1). If you were to slide your time to the right 3.5 hours or schedule it for Sunday the 8th, then I would be in. Just a thought in case other have a tough time hitting your timeline. I will be sorry I missed it but I already obligated myself.

SF
    BDaniel

Hi BDaniel, unfortunately, I cannot schedule earlier nor for Sunday. I will I'm sure run another one-off on another weekend of course.

Regards,

dmkevin

Thank you for the consideration and I fully understand needing to keep your schedule. Hopefully I can can catch you at another time when my schedule isnt full.

SF
    BDaniel

If you didn't get enough to run this last Saturday. I would still be interested this Saturday 14 May 8pm GMT +1.

Hi BDaniel,

Thanks for your post and I would be happy for you to join.

Having spent some time going through the adventure however, I am going to need to reduce the text greatly as a lot could be reduced for a one-off. I don't know about Saturday at this point. I will be happy to repost once reduced and ready (and when the wife lets me have the relevant night off).

Understood. Shoot me a PM when you repost. You gotta keep the wife happy. Happy wife, happy life.

Hi, if you are still looking for more players for the one-shots, I would sign up also. I am rather new to D&D and FG but I am quite used to the melee side of the game already (casters and this spell managing is still a book with seven seals to me :-p).
    If you need more infos, just ask right ahead :-)

Hi Kevin,

It's nice to see you running some Euro-friendly 5e one shots. I may be interested in joining you.

Feel free to PM me if you need/want more players.

I used to DM a C&C campaign on FG, but have never played 5e.
    I enjoy running Castles & Crusades. Current campaign(s) on hiatus.
    Willing to run one-shots for players who want to learn the ruleset. Feel free to contact me.

Thread Information