DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Problem with effects and [EXPIRES]

Hi all, I'm running into a problem when applying non-expiring buffs. For example, always-active fire resistance from a magic cloak.

I've created a power and effect for the cloak, as simple as can be: RESIST: 5 fire, SELF/ALL, no expiration.

However, when it gets added to the combat tracker, it shows up as RESIST: 5 fire [EXPIRES]. And doesn't work at all. However, if I as the GM go in and manually delete the [EXPIRES], the resistance starts working properly.

In the case of a power having multiple effects, such as RESIST: 10 cold; RESIST: 10 fire, it shows up in the tracker as RESIST: 10 cold; RESIST: 10 fire [EXPIRES], and while the cold resistance works, the fire resistance doesn't. (Until I delete the [EXPIRES] part, at which point it functions properly.)

It's not the end of the world, as I can always just make the effect have an ENC expiration and re-apply them at the start of each encounter. But I was just hoping someone would know why this is happening, or if it needs to be reported as a bug? Does [EXPIRES] always just make effects...not work?

It's a bug in the ruleset code. It will be fixed in v3.2.0.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the swift reply, Moon Wizard!

how about Resist 5 pyschic I cant get that to work

Quote Originally Posted by crittman View Post
    how about Resist 5 pyschic I cant get that to work
    Change your y and s around. You need psychic.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I have it spelt correctly but when I use a use a power that says psychic it doesn't show a resist anything on the damage roll

Quote Originally Posted by crittman View Post
    So I have it spelt correctly but when I use a use a power that says psychic it doesn't show a resist anything on the damage roll
    So, you effect in the combat tracker is: RESIST: 5 psychic

If this is the case and still isn't working, please post a screenshot showing the combat tracker (with the effect applied) and the result of an attack from that character (with the effect on them) which doesn't work.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here is what I see
    Attachment 18418
    Last edited by crittman; April 2nd, 2017 at 23:49. Reason: wrong image

Use all capitals for RESIST

You have to use the exact effect labelling as detailed in the effects Wiki page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/4E_Effects

Thread Information