DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Combat Timer - Extension (v.0.0.1)

All,

I've created a Combat Timer integrated into the Combat Tracker window. It's nothing fancy, just a clock that ticks while someone's turn is running. We used it in our game last night and it kept our players moving (rather than deliberating for 5 minutes on what they should do next).

• The clock automatically resets when the turn is advanced. The game host can also manually reset the timer by double clicking on the timer clock itself.
    • The game host can start and pauses with the "Play" button on the left. If configured as a count-down timer, when the timer hits zero it will stop as well. Advancing the turn or manually resetting the timer will start it ticking again.
    • The game host can configure the timer as either a Count-Up or Count-Down timer type. Count-Down timers take an optional starting value (in seconds).
    • Players can see the timer as it ticks, but not start/stop/reset it.

This extension has only been tested for PFRPG & 3.5 (and now 5E), however it should work on all CoreRPG rulests.

CAVEAT: This extension *DOES NOT TICK* unless a client is connected. A warning message will be displayed if you try to start the timer with no connected clients, and this is why. To see the extension in action, have a friend connect in with this extension enabled (or start two Fantasy Grounds instances and connect to 127.0.0.1). Otherwise it's an underwhelming experience.

Version 1.0.0
    • Added explicit handling for 5E window placement so it doesn't overlap the Menu button

Version 1.0.1
    • An elapsing count-down timer now rings the bell (thanks Nickademus)
    • Extension verified to work for Fantasy Grounds 3.3.1 (PFRPG, 5E and Fate Core)

Version 1.0.2
    • Added a Setting option controlling whether an elapsing count-down timer rings the bell
    • Opening the settings window no longer resets the timer
    • Changed turn notification hook such that directly moving the turn order flag will also reset the timer
    • Clients correctly receive timer enabled/disabled updates when the timer is toggled, but the timer is not otherwise running because the timer has reached zero

Version 1.0.3
    • Added custom turn tracker placement for AD&D Core
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mortgarra; July 31st, 2017 at 05:37. Reason: Updated attachments with 1.0.2 release

That's cool. It seems to work for 5E, although it gives the following error when I shut down FG

Script Error: [string "scripts/combattimer.lua"]:265: attempt to index global 'Debug' (a userdata value)

however, this is a really nifty extension, nice work
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Can you move it over so it not covering the menu butten

Blog Entries
    Hey jab112 and welcome.
    You might notice that it doesnt cover the Menu button in the screen shot.
    Unfortunately different rulesets have some elements in different locations and the CT Menu button is one of them.
    What ruleset are you using?

The 5e ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by jab112 View Post
    The 5e ruleset
    I'll take a look at 5e sometime this week.

Used this a player in our Sunday evening game and liked it a lot, we are not a slow group, but it was cool to see it in action. Will be getting it for my 5E group.

Well Done.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Fixed. Updated extension is in the attachments and shouldn't overlap with the 5E menu button.

Thread Information