DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Creating additional Professions and weapons?

How hard is this version of FG to modify than the older version?

I mean, I am n programmer, and I had No success myself in creating things other than maps for it previously..

Has it been made simpler? Do you have to know programming/ macroing to make/add new professions and weapons to it?

I jsut got upgaded to the Ultimate license.. and Hope to get the rolemaster add ons with our next paycheck.

Hi Jtolman,

If you are okay with modifying XML files then it isn't too hard adding professions, attack tables, critical tables, etc. It just takes a decent amount of work. If you have a specific example you are working on let me know and I will try to help you get the first one done. After the first one it gets much easier.

that would be very kewl.. I have done very limited XML with some website work.. and on some other forums doing XML style formatting. Creating tables and such. A friend mentioned they use some kind of Editor that makes it easier.. so I may ask him what he is using.. but yes..When I get to that point, that would be great.

It sounds like you won't have any issues getting the data in. The XML for content is just storing the data needed by the ruleset. I use Notepad++ to edit the XML files. Let me know when you are ready to try it.

Thread Information