FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 12 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Had a pleasant surprise in my Facebook conversation with MCG re FG:

Monte Cook Games: "It's on our plate for sure, but early stages. If there's something specific you're looking for, it'll be great to know that now! What resources do you and your group most want to see?"

My response:

"The core books and the integrated mechanics are the most essential. Cypher/Numenera adventures are easy enough to make but not having the core books to just slide material into a window means you have to reinvent the wheel each time. And the auto-mechanics in FG need that core library to be fully functional like it is for 5e and Pathfinder. After that - illustrations and art!!! It takes a while to go through Pinterest and DeviantArt to find just the right visual resource. After that, every source-book you've got could go in there because they're all so very thick with detail. I've put a lot of effort into planning to run the Vortex adventure in FG this Saturday (weeks of 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there) and it will be the first introduction to MCG that this group will have. If they like it, it'd be nice to have somewhere to go from there."

Hi board !
    MCG launches a kickstarter for Numenera 2 this day. I think it's a great opportunity to discuss about a full ruleset in the KS commentaries...

Quote Originally Posted by trobadork View Post
    Hi board !
    MCG launches a kickstarter for Numenera 2 this day. I think it's a great opportunity to discuss about a full ruleset in the KS commentaries...
    Try asking them then again, I've backed the new KS, silly brain.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Adding my name to the list of folks that would like to see this ruleset available for FG
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Ignore this. Got systems mixed up in my head.
    Last edited by Krimson; May 19th, 2018 at 16:31.

Is there any movement in this area? I've been meaning to make my own cypher system but I'm more inclined to wait for FGU given the piping change ahead. There's also the issue of wine support starting to get sketchy too, native on linux can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Is there any movement in this area? I've been meaning to make my own cypher system but I'm more inclined to wait for FGU given the piping change ahead. There's also the issue of wine support starting to get sketchy too, native on linux can't come soon enough.
    After giving Darcy and e-mail adress to one of the coders at Smiteworks, she finally replied. Here's the message:
    "Hi Mike!
    I am FINALLY following up on this. I believe I threw out a rando email at FG at some point but it never went anywhere, but now I'm skeptical that I've ever sent it! In any case, it sounds like a solveable problem and I am on it. Thank you for hooking me up with this Dev.
    Best,
    Darcy"

I should have said this message was received on April 3rd.

Blog Entries
    Darcy contacted me a month or so ago. I gave her a brief explanation of how the process for FG actually works, as I had inferred from multiple conversations that MCG was under the impression they would have to code stuff themselves, which is obviously not in their wheelhouse. I referred her to Doug and The Gang, and hopefully this bears fruit this time around. I've already requested to be involved in the reference material process if this happens, but I won't be kept in any loop until or unless an agreement is met between the two companies. So that's where things stand currently based on my last communications with anyone on the matter.

Implementing the rule-set shouldn't raise any major concern as only those with the physical rules can play, but the ruleset facilitates that happening onf FG.

I hope that the the Cypher Ruleset is like the 5e one, open for everyone to increase accessibility, but to get things like the book's cyphers or other material you'd need the module.

Thread Information