Starfinder Playlist
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Darcy contacted me a month or so ago. I gave her a brief explanation of how the process for FG actually works, as I had inferred from multiple conversations that MCG was under the impression they would have to code stuff themselves, which is obviously not in their wheelhouse. I referred her to Doug and The Gang, and hopefully this bears fruit this time around. I've already requested to be involved in the reference material process if this happens, but I won't be kept in any loop until or unless an agreement is met between the two companies. So that's where things stand currently based on my last communications with anyone on the matter.
    Thanks for trying to clear things up for FG. I only see how this can benefit both MCG and FG. I've got my fingers crossed!

Does anyone know if the Open Gaming License for Cypher System games extends to FG creations? Drivethru has a few OGL products and I'm thinking that even if we can't sell them on FG's store site because of limitations then at least we could sell them at Drivethru like how AAW does it for 5e products.

Blog Entries
    MCG does not have an Open Gaming License whatsoever. The one that applies to DriveThruRPG is their Small Publisher License which utilizes the Cypher System Creator at DriveThru. The potential catch there is that I'm seeing on the MCG site that it specifically states PDF, no other type of media. That's the same "gotcha!" with licensing between Pinnacle and Palladium and the reason Savage Rifts cannot be officially released here on Fantasy Grounds.

@Moon Wizard is aware that I'm interested in working on Cypher System DLC, but I've not heard a peep back since I referred Darcy to contact Doug a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    Does anyone know if the Open Gaming License for Cypher System games extends to FG creations? Drivethru has a few OGL products and I'm thinking that even if we can't sell them on FG's store site because of limitations then at least we could sell them at Drivethru like how AAW does it for 5e products.
    There isn't actually an OGL for the Cypher System.

The products on DTRPG are part of the Cypher System Creator program which, according to the licensing page, allows you to produce product PDFs and sell them through the program on DTRPG. It doesn't mentioned anything about other product types.

More info on the various options available to produce Cypher system is available here: https://cypher-system.com/fan-use-and-licensing/

Maybe reach out to MCG to see if the Cypher System Creator program applies to Fantasy Grounds products.

Of course, the next issue you'll have is that there really isn't much support for the Cypher System on Fantasy Grounds. There's the basic Numenera ruleset, but that is it. So it would be interesting as to what FG Cypher system products you had in mind?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There isn't actually an OGL for the Cypher System.

The products on DTRPG are part of the Cypher System Creator program which, according to the licensing page, allows you to produce product PDFs and sell them through the program on DTRPG. It doesn't mentioned anything about other product types.

More info on the various options available to produce Cypher system is available here: https://cypher-system.com/fan-use-and-licensing/

Maybe reach out to MCG to see if the Cypher System Creator program applies to Fantasy Grounds products.

Of course, the next issue you'll have is that there really isn't much support for the Cypher System on Fantasy Grounds. There's the basic Numenera ruleset, but that is it. So it would be interesting as to what FG Cypher system products you had in mind?
    One filled with a lot of hope... hope that MCG will turn around and better support FG (at least as much as it does Roll20 but even that is currently minimal)...

I'll add my voice to this. I own FGC Ultimate, and the entire Numenera Catalog, yet I would STILL pay to have the cypher system content available in FG.

Quote Originally Posted by optiondelete View Post
    I'll add my voice to this. I own FGC Ultimate, and the entire Numenera Catalog, yet I would STILL pay to have the cypher system content available in FG.
    Email Monte Cook Games with you're request, that's where this isn't going anywhere.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What are people doing without MCG support. Are there unofficial DLCs people are using?

There are existing rulesets for Cypher/Numenera/The Strange that come bundled with FG; but without any data. You can enter the data as you need to play (as I did when I ran a campaign).

Without some sort of SRD-style agreement from MCG, or official publishing relationship; data packs can not be made available by either SmiteWorks nor anyone on the forums. Please reach out to MCG, and let them know you want to be able to buy packs on FG.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm really rather new at FGU, so I'm wondering where I should be looking for directions on creating effects (and modifiers) within the Cypher System ruleset? I know there's no official support, and we can't share modules, so I'm just looking for direction on how to write them/use them - I can't figure out how you're suppose to apply them to pools, etc., and the help link simply takes you to a generic about effects page. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Pneusodym

Thread Information