DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You'd have to buy the CoC v7 rulebook from Chaosium if you want to move from playing CoC v6 to v7 RPG, so why not expect the same with the FG ruleset? As this ruleset is being rebuilt entirely by new developers, and I would imagine will have a lot more library information compared to v6 (simply because the new v7 rulebooks are much larger), I think it is acceptable to reward the new ruleset developers for all of their hard work by selling it as a separate product.
    it seemed to me that between Version 6 and 7 there was not much different.
    Here the biggest (if I may so express myself) it's all on the fact that it starts from the CoreRPG ..... and the size of the rule book has nothing to have it. 3/4 of the rules are the same.

Anyway ... we pay as we always do.

Quote Originally Posted by martel View Post
    it seemed to me that between Version 6 and 7 there was not much different. Here the biggest (if I may so express myself) it's all on the fact that it starts from the CoreRPG ..... and the size of the rule book has nothing to have it. 3/4 of the rules are the same. Anyway ... we pay as we always do.
    The ruleset will have a lot of similarities but also many differences (I've fixed up the critical damage allocation for you) and I'm adding Occupations and handling Occupations skills. I'm sure there will be other goodies added too.

More importantly it will include the new rulebook, which I am sure you are aware, is completely different from 6e.
    Sure some of the rules are the same, but the text and formatting is all new. It doesn't convert itself to FG on its own, you know :-) and we have to pay the royalties to Chaosium.

To answer a previous question, the intention is to make it backward compatible. That is to say that you will be able to open 6e modules and adventures and the content will be converted on the fly.

New 7e modules will not work with 6e, however.

Ian

I feel anyway a bit like a rat ... purchasing the V6 ruleset, not having played a single party since I bought the book V7 over 140 € and after bein it will pay the license Chaosium ..cool .. that's life.

Even though I have not created many module based on the V6. for V7.

I had completely redone Arms module for V7..et I think it will do it again because of missing information ... even more if it will adapt to your way of parsing the text to the detected touched - damage and effects without a common and unified policy in order to make a character string of standard for parsing attack damages and effects, we are good to do again every time.
    The ideal Ianward, I think it's like you I had proposed to use the same way of parsing for the CORPRPG DD5 and on this basis even if it is complex parmettra to make very powerful modules and extensions Text objects definitions, spell books, weapons, vehicle for dice detect test (skills or other) etc ...

:-)
    Last edited by martel; March 30th, 2016 at 12:08.

Personally, I did not buy any v6 book, I spent € 180 in my French Luxury V7, and I bought the ruleset v6 after buying books ...
    I read very little English, and I still talk less (except with Google translation).

In short, this is the first time I feel I have lost money with FG ... :s
    If I had known, I would not have bought the ruleset v6 ... :'(
    Last edited by kael79; March 30th, 2016 at 15:13.
    MJ / Modeur français.
    Tuto FG2 / Replays : https://www.youtube.com/user/kael79000/
    Communauté JDRVirtuel :
    https://jdrvirtuel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kael79 View Post
    Personally, I did not buy any v6 book, I spent € 180 in my French Luxury V7, and I bought the ruleset v6 after buying books ...
    I read very little English, and I still talk less (except with Google translation).

In short, this is the first time I feel I have lost money with FG ...: s
    If I had known, I would not have bought the ruleset v6 ...: '(
    me too

There's nothing stopping you from continuing to use the existing 6E ruleset with the fantastic 7E extenstion by ianmward.

Boomer
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

yes, that's what I'll do (in fact it is rather the version that I translated this beautiful extension ^^) because I have a table that begins next month on a campaign (" 5 Supplices "French exclusivity)
    I would buy the new ruleset course (I hasten to translate), it's just that it's still frustrating to learn that only now.
    MJ / Modeur français.
    Tuto FG2 / Replays : https://www.youtube.com/user/kael79000/
    Communauté JDRVirtuel :
    https://jdrvirtuel.com/

for me it isn't important for buy, but the € go to the creator of ruleset..... for FG (i have allready payed my licence), Chaosium (i payed with the COC ruleset).

if creator want sold ruleset why not... but how many... if too high i keep my coc V6 with extension and modify mine.

I really like 7e and the extension seems to work very well from my limited experience. Super excited to get rid of the resistance table.

I was holding out for the official 7e release, but I'm also a little reticent to shell out the dough again. Hopefully they will release some screen shots/etc when it goes up for sale so that I can decide if it's worth it before buying.

I feel that the system rulebook should be an addon to the ruleset. I don't think I have used the FG2 rulebook for Pathfinder or CoC as I have the paper copies of said rulebooks, and so do my players.
    Especially if FG/Chaosium is charging us again for the rulebook we already have. I can see doing it for modules as it is impossible to separate the full text and art of the book from the product.
    Otherwise, why bother supporting the RPG companies by buying physical versions of their products directly, or in this case support their kickstarters where we get a PDF/physical copy of their books as a reward? Just fund at a lower level since we are going to have to pay full version for a lesser version of the same products, to use it in FG2? Just have the mechanics and let people buy the rulebooks as an add-on if they need them.
    I don't know the policies of other VTTs out there, but this could be something that could turn people away from FG2 in the future, and make me reconsider if I want to continue supporting FG2 and future versions.

I am copying this to Chaosium.
    Last edited by iemckinnon; May 28th, 2016 at 03:02.

Thread Information