FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Will there be a full CoC 7e ruleset?

Hi all, fairly new to FG, and totally new to CoC on FG, so forgive me if I don't know how things are normally done around here yet, but I was seriously considering picking up the CoC ruleset and was looking for a little advice.

I see the current one for sale is 6e, and I see what seems to be a 7e user made ruleset further down in the threads. My question is, does anyone know if FG will put out a full CoC 7e ruleset with the book scanned and all that like 6's current one? If it's likely, I would just wait so as not to waste money by purchasing 6 if 7 will be along in x months. I can wait and won't be using it that much anytime soon.

Thanks for any input.

Blog Entries
    6 is very good value
    7 is in full development now - it will have the full rulebook.
    Hoping for June. It may slip a little but June is the aim.
    Over the last week quite a bit of graphics and combat resolution was worked on.

Thank you Damned I agree, it is a good deal, and I almost bought it a few times today lol.

I will be patient for 7 though, and use the current funds to add to my D&D 5e sourcebooks. The bundle was tempting as well.

Blog Entries
    Its too early to tell but because the 7e system is new and expensive the new ruleset is also likely to be more expensive than the current one...
    But it will also be waaaaaaay nicer.

Separate purchase or free upgrade from 6? Adventures and other content backwards compatible?

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

I'm really looking forward to playing some 7E at future FG Cons.

I'm glad I was able to get in on the Kickstarter, can't wait for the books to arrive.

Boomer
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Blog Entries
    I think this will need to be a completely separate purchase. It's being rebuilt entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I think this will need to be a completely separate purchase. It's being rebuilt entirely.
    ouchhh i buy COC and now COC 7 ruleset ?

i wait in june to see.

bye

martel,

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that your issues with the 7E extension will be resolved with this new release!

You seem quite excited about CoC, I'd love to session with you at an FG Con.

Boomer
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by martel View Post
    ouchhh i buy COC and now COC 7 ruleset ?
    You'd have to buy the CoC v7 rulebook from Chaosium if you want to move from playing CoC v6 to v7 RPG, so why not expect the same with the FG ruleset? As this ruleset is being rebuilt entirely by new developers, and I would imagine will have a lot more library information compared to v6 (simply because the new v7 rulebooks are much larger), I think it is acceptable to reward the new ruleset developers for all of their hard work by selling it as a separate product.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information