DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: BRP Update

I'n not really sure where to put this question, but I guess this works.

The new heads of Chaosium (actually kind of the old Chaosium because it's Greg Stafford and Sandy Petersen et al.) recently mentioned that the new version of Chaosium Runequest is going to be supported by Fantasy Grounds and a "BRP Essentials" derived from that game will be forthcoming shortly thereafter. Is there any plan for the current BRP ruleset to be "upgraded" or converted to that newer iteration of the BRP rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspoticus View Post
    Additionally, this is on the dev's short-list for a rewrite to CoreRPG compliance...
    That is excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspoticus View Post
    You shouldn't. If the copyright says 2016 however, you have the new version. All of the changes are under-the-hood
    When I fire up a campaign with the BRP ruleset (after checking for updates) it still says "copyright 2010." FWIW, I tried loading a new BRP campaign that doesn't use my self-made Magic World extension and that didn't seem to make any difference.

I see absolutely no changes either, is it possible to get a list of changes as those of us who have written extensions will need to update them for any possible conflicts.

Blog Entries
    My version still show "copyright 2010" as well.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

It's apparently still in the queue for review and release.

Best regards,

Az.

Well, as a brand spanking new FG user and long time RQ Classic GM (2nd edition for those not familiar), BRP is the closest thing there is to RQ so I'm happy to see it got some attention.

Check out my RQ2 extension if you haven't already chief, it's on a separate thread and I will be updating it for the revised brp ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Check out my RQ2 extension if you haven't already chief, it's on a separate thread and I will be updating it for the revised brp ruleset
    I haven't or I'd have said something on it. I'm still new to the game and this kind of forum (despite what my join date may lead one to believe), so finding it is not quite as easy for me as it may seem. Is it in the BRP forum? Or somewhere else?

community rulesets are on the Wiki
    Borusa32

Thread Information