DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Stats

Blog Entries
    We always used the 3 column method when we played tabletop.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I tend to use the 3 column optional rule for stats. It usually works out pretty good.

I have rolled up a character in a game JohnD ran that had some bad stats. If I remember correctly more than half of them were below 50 (and that was with the auto-rerolls for stats below 20). He offered to let me reroll the stats but I just adapted the character background to fit the stats. It worked out well for the short time I was able to play in John's game.
    Yeah, I've always felt bad that I didn't go with stat buy in that game and settled for rolling. Still relatively new to FG at the time. Now I'd go with 660.

I feel even worse that game didn't last longer... got boned by Real Life.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

My group (I am the GM) still uses the Rules in CHaracter Law straight up. 1 set of rolls. reroll any stat under 20.

I let them arrange the stats how they like, Any temporary put into a prime stats under 90 is raised to 90.

We have never had any problems with this method.

YES, at level 1 there tend to be quite a few stats (temps) below 90.... but the potentials Always tend to make up for this.... and they players enjoy seeing their characters improve dramatically when these stats go up.

Thread Information