STAR TREK 2d20

BUG: Allies show as 'Dead' rather than 'Dying'

It took me awhile to figure this out, but if a player is 'dying' then connected clients will see the token hover status as 'dead' save for the player whom is actually 'dying'. From the GM's perspective the player is still 'dying'.

This is because in manager_gamesystem for the PF/3.5 ruleset (the pathfinder Boolean being on). It can't access friendly character sheets due to ownership restrictions. In the getDeathThreshold method, it tries to get the constitution score to calculate the the dying threshold which will then affect ActorManager2's getPercentWounded which will set the status string for the return call used in manager_token2.

Since it can't access non-owned characters, if an ally goes down, rather than the client seeing the 'dying' status for the token, they see the 'dead' status as if they don't own the friendly sheet, the returned constitution score is always 0. This means once an ally goes below zero they're seen as dead.

This matters as if you use wound categories, it'll give erroneous information to the clients on tooltips vs what is seen in the tracker. In my case, I use a graphical overlay per token which shows the wrong image making this more prominent.

The status string is unaffected on the combat tracker entry as that's a database node value set by the host, and the client merely receives the update. Given that the tooltips rely on manager_token2, either the update health method needs to be changed, or an additional handle for the status string should be added.

Nice detective work, Ken

Thread Information