Starfinder Playlist

message in box asks me to reset cache on launch screen

Hi all,

I was selecting library modules on FG for future POTA campaign and then opening a second instance of FG with localhost option and looking to see if and how all race and player options for campaigns I just purchased this morning would appear to players. However, a spinning blue wheel appeared and thereafter the FG player instance crashed. Multiple versions of a white box on the upper left of my computer screen appeared asking that I reset the cache on launch screen. There was other text which apparently followed this but the box was not wide enough to display this text.

I would be very grateful if someone could advise me as to how I reset the cache as it asks.

Thanks,

dmkevin
    Last edited by dmkevin; March 18th, 2016 at 11:03. Reason: editing to make better sense

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

Just to expand on what Nylanfs says; you'll find the 'nuke button' (which clears the players cache) on the screen where you join game. Click on 'Join Game' and just above and to the right of the 'Host Address' you'll find the button.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Nuke button in upper right
    I had one of the players try it and he got this message.
    Edit: Since the attachment is pending approval, it says: "Path error in recursive delete."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AldritchPlupp View Post
    I had one of the players try it and he got this message.
    Edit: Since the attachment is pending approval, it says: "Path error in recursive delete."
    That might be due to the player not having appropriate permissions on his FG Data folder. The cache for a campaign can be manually delted by browsing to <FG Data>/cache/<campaign name>

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Cleared the cache manually. This did not help.
    I'm willing to take any more advice anyone's willing to give.

Blog Entries
    Can the user create a new text file in that folder if not they dont have the required permissions. They should give their Windows User account full control of the Fantasy Grounds folder and all sub folders.

Just to be sure, are you running in the FGU beta as well, and did you install both in the same data folder? If so, you need to re-install both in unique directories, preferably the recommended ones.

The cache clearing message can happen because FGU uses a different cache format than the current released FG version.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks all for your assistance.

I reinstalled FG Unity and this appears to have fixed it.

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

Thread Information