DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

The Strange - A Shadow Out of Innsmouth

Agents of the Estate are sent out to investigate the small town of Duvall where strange noises and lights have been reported by the residents. Oh, and there has recently been an increase in suicides.

I've ran Numenera before. Now I want to take this baby out for a ride. Same system. The Cypher system. You'd like to give this a shot as well? You're in luck. You don't need to know anything about The Strange or Fantasy Grounds.
    Here's what you gotta do. At 9:45pm Eastern time on Saturday night, the 19th, I'll create a room in FG's community TeamSpeak channel. The first 6 players to get in that room gets to play. I will run this for a minimum of 3 players. You think that's unfair practice? You see, I do this to avoid people signing up, holding up a spot and then they not turning up for the game. Yep, pet peeve of mine.
    Since it's on TeamSpeak you'll need a working mic but nothing else. A set of pre-generated characters will be available for you. The game will last 3 hours but I can stretch it out to 4 if everybody agrees.
    If you have any questions, let me know.

Last edited by Mask_of_winter; March 13th, 2016 at 17:04.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    I tagged this so I can remember, that is a night I expect to have free and have heard such great things about your games, but rarely did they line up with my schedule.

I rather like this method of sign up.
    I usually run games at short notice as I think people are more likely to show.

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    So do I Skellan, and I think the one shot thread makes it easier for this kind of sign up to work. I also see a lot more people over on Teamspeak at times just looking for games right then. After FG-Con I may use this method for a few things I want to test out.

Blog Entries
    I've used it once. The table filled up in about 2 seconds. No waiting for late arrivals or people joining in late with tech issues disrupting the table. But that could go bad as well. I've also tried having people sign up AND having a room for alternates in case some people didn't show up but no alternates showed up. Bottom line is, I'm doing this because I want to play the Strange and for the legions of players looking to try out Fantasy Grounds.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

This sounds great. I also like the short-notice games.

Blog Entries
    Just a note to remind the community this is still on schedule!

Just tagging this to remind me

Blog Entries
    This is happening later tonight.

Thanks for running this. I thought I was going to get killed there at the end. After being eaten by a shoggoth earlier today I thought I was going to die twice in a day. Phew
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Thread Information