DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Steam issues

Steam issues

I have been playing with Fantasy grounds the last couple of days while doing the online tutorials. Today I was able to open an window of it in order to continue doing the instructional videos but when I went to open a second copy I got a steam message saying that the app was already in use and would not let me open a second instance. I've tried uninstalling it and clearing the appcache in steam as per the instructions on their site but I was still having this issue. Is there a work around to this?

Have you checked in Task Manager to see whether an instance of FG is running. If it is then kill it there.

Also how are you trying to open the second copy? You can't open two copies from within steam. You need to open the second one by right clicking on the .exe file and selecting run from there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As you've found, you can't open a second instance in Steam. However, you can do this through Windows as normal - use the start menu to access the FG startup icon, or right-click on the icon of the first instance of FG in the taskbar and click on "Fantasy Grounds".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That got it. When I switched it to the local exe file it allowed me to open multiple instances again. Thank you very much!

Thread Information