FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

dm help with out of the abyss CONTAINS SPOILERS

started out of the abyss bought the campain off fg how do i add the npc's to the combat tracker so they can assist with the combats?

Drag the NPC icon from the Personalities list onto the Combat Tracker. Then drag their token from the left side of the Tracker onto the map in use. Click the little 'helmet' icon between the Wounds field and the Target icon to change them to Friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    Drag the NPC icon from the Personalities list onto the Combat Tracker. Then drag their token from the left side of the Tracker onto the map in use. Click the little 'helmet' icon between the Wounds field and the Target icon to change them to Friendly.
    thanks that worked but i dont see ront on the list am i missing him somewhere?

Hmm yeah, seems he's not on the NPC list, but you can find him and drag him from the 01.03.05 Ront story entry. There's a link to 'Ront - NPC' there.

Yes Ront is missing, I killed him off early in the game because I couldn't find info on him and I was too lazy to type it all up. I then later found his info in the story entry. RIP Ront.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishera View Post
    Yes Ront is missing, I killed him off early in the game because I couldn't find info on him and I was too lazy to type it all up. I then later found his info in the story entry. RIP Ront.
    lol my party has 2 monks 2 clerics and a warloc they need all the tanks they can get

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    Hmm yeah, seems he's not on the NPC list, but you can find him and drag him from the 01.03.05 Ront story entry. There's a link to 'Ront - NPC' there.
    kool thanks

Oh! Thanks for pointing this out!

It seems Ront was left trapped in the "Monster Manual - Creatures" tab with other generics.

Poor Ront!
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

I sent Doug an update where I fixed the tab Ront was sorted in, moving him to the proper NPC tab. This also fixes the damage resistances of the Shambling Mound (an old Monster Manual error had snuck in and I hadn't corrected it).
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Quote Originally Posted by aflevine View Post
    Sharing the NPC's becomes problematic in OOTA. There are so many and they easily determine the outcome at the start. The wererat brothers and Darondel are beasts in combat! While a few NPC's ended up biting the dust at the beginning, most survived and that really detracted from the role-play; too much deus ex machina. Began introducing variations to make the game more interesting for the players. Many dropped due to lost engagement. I really can't blame them. Finally called the game because I really needed to re-think how to make the it fun from the beginning.
    I didn't bother with any of the NPCs apart from the one who knew the way to Slublidoop and the one there who knows how to get to the next place etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information