STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Weird glitch is V3.1.6

For some reason every time i close my fantasy grounds program, it reverts back to v3.1.5, and if i want to connect to a server already updated i have to do a update check on my FG for it to want to register that it has updated already and go back to version 3.1.6

Edit: Sub-note, i am not looking to get this problem fixed. Just to bring it up to FG's attention, it's not going to affect me long enough for it to matter. Since my main computer will be fixed next sunday most likely.
    Last edited by RageArmor; February 14th, 2016 at 19:09.
    I am your Friendly Neighborhood RageArmor.

Current License: Full
    Time Zone: CT -5
    Current Characters:
    Ask

A few questions to figure this out:

* Which OS are you running on?

* Are you running through Steam or installed from web installer?

* What are the directories you use for app/data in FG Settings?

* If launching from desktop or start menu shortcut, please right click and choose properties and provide the path info in the shortcut link?

* If launching from Steam, please right click on FG entry in Steam library and provide the local installation path?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    A few questions to figure this out:

* Which OS are you running on?

* Are you running through Steam or installed from web installer?

* What are the directories you use for app/data in FG Settings?

* If launching from desktop or start menu shortcut, please right click and choose properties and provide the path info in the shortcut link?

* If launching from Steam, please right click on FG entry in Steam library and provide the local installation path?

Thanks,
    JPG
    in order.

Vista

Installed not steam

both go to the same place because this is an old machine

Did all of them, aswell as running as administrator

Current Characters:
    Ask

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RageArmor View Post
    in order.

both go to the same place because this is an old machine
    I don't think this actually gives them any useful information in response to that question.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I don't think this actually gives them any useful information in response to that question.
    It means exactly what it sounds like. They are both located in the same place the "C:/Program Files" location

Current Characters:
    Ask

Blog Entries
    no versions of FG defaulted to installing the program and the user data to the same place.
    you should consider reverting the user data back to one of its correct locations AND regardless of where the data is stored make sure that the Users group on your computer has Write and Modify permissions to that location.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    no versions of FG defaulted to installing the program and the user data to the same place.
    you should consider reverting the user data back to one of its correct locations AND regardless of where the data is stored make sure that the Users group on your computer has Write and Modify permissions to that location.

[img]https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/permissions.gif
    Actually yes it does, if the computer is old enough to where there is no location to install other than that one location.

Current Characters:
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by RageArmor View Post
    Actually yes it does, if the computer is old enough to where there is no location to install other than that one location.
    The default file locations where FG stores the data and application files are two different directories, even for Vista (and XP, which is older than Vista). More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...File_Locations

I'd recommend you install to two separate directories. Then if you still have issues, try running the FG application as Administrator - right-click on the launch icon and select "Run as Administrator", do this even if the user you are logging into Windows with has administrative privileges.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The default file locations where FG stores the data and application files are two different directories, even for Vista (and XP, which is older than Vista). More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...File_Locations

I'd recommend you install to two separate directories. Then if you still have issues, try running the FG application as Administrator - right-click on the launch icon and select "Run as Administrator", do this even if the user you are logging into Windows with has administrative privileges.
    I'm not worrying about getting it set up to work right, cause as of next sunday i will have my main computer fixed and will have to reinstall it anyways. I just thought i would make this post to inform the FG people about this glitch. also if you remember doing this a couple weeks ago, completely broke my FG with that scripting error.

Current Characters:
    Ask

I had something like this happen. It would act like it updated to 3.1.6, but it stayed at 3.1.5 and when players connected it indicated the host was still 3.1.5 and clients were 3.1.6
    I backed up all of the data, uninstalled and then reinstalled and it worked....but as part of the reinstall it decided to re-download all of the purchased modules...sorry for the BW.
    Also didn't need to restore the backed up files, so that was nice.

Ultimate License running on Win7

Thread Information