5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Moving All Dice

Moving All Dice

Is there a way to move all the dice neatly and tidyly somewhere else on the screen?
    I prefer my chatbox and dice on the rigth hand side of the screen, but have to move the dice one by one, redropping constantly to get them to be not-overlapping and it's always a bit of a pain in the backside.
    Is there a way to move them that I am not figuring out?
    If not, can there be?

There's no way that I'm aware of to move multiple dice such as you desire. I suggest that you make a suggestion over here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Or write an extension to change the starting positions in CoreRPG gamelements.xml
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Or write an extension to change the starting positions in CoreRPG gamelements.xml
    Sadly this is the only option it seems. Wish I knew where to start for that.

Blog Entries
    As per Trenloes fine advice here is a sample extension for you.
    Its called Move Dice and it will place them bottom right instead of bottom left.
    Play around with it and put them where you want them.

I tried a bit with this extension.
    As far as I can see it changes the position of the dice for all players.
    Is it possible to have a unique die position setup for each player?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwikkel View Post
    I tried a bit with this extension.
    As far as I can see it changes the position of the dice for all players.
    Is it possible to have a unique die position setup for each player?
    Yes, but not with an extension. Each player will have to move their dice on their own, which is rough, and then right click Set Position (or similar command). Though I admit I'm not sure this is available in FGU. It's an FGC command and I believe during FGU Beta was not available. Not sure it has become available in FGU.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Move dice isn’t available in Unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes sorry. I did not make clear that I was asking for FGU.
    I also already read that the command inside the client is not available anymore.
    However setting the dice in an extension's 'gameelements.xml' does work. Though it does so only by setting another dice position for all users (GM and players) alike.

I was wondering now whether it is possible to set the position value of the die "object" via a LUA command? That would possibly allow adding a /-action to set different values for each player.
    Another idea I was thinking about is if it might be possible to fetch the die position value in the gameelements.xml from another file where each user can store their own die positions.
    Do you think this might be possible?

I have knowledge about programming but I am just starting on FGU extensions. So I do not yet have a good overview of the whole structure of FGU.

Thread Information