"[PFRPG/3.5E] Added critical modifier tag to damage (DMG) effects."
    Could you please detail how it works ? Thanks
    JDRVIRTUEL: Le JdR virtuel en français - https://www.jdrvirtuel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Markjan View Post
    Hello there !
    I've noticed this entry on the patchnotes:
    "[PFRPG/3.5E] Added critical modifier tag to damage (DMG) effects."
    Could you please detail how it works ? Thanks
    You would create an effect such as DMG: 1d6, critical. This would do an extra 1d6 damage to the target only when a critical is scored.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You would create an effect such as DMG: 1d6, critical. This would do an extra 1d6 damage to the target only when a critical is scored.
    I believe the effect is actually DMG: 1d6 critical .. I think the comma would mess you up there.

Trenloe: is it possible to save off all the info in the row to somewhere else in the table and then delete... basically create some sort of hidden storage location for used rows.. this might be actually better looking in the long run and would handle the new functionality.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    I believe the effect is actually DMG: 1d6 critical .. I think the comma would mess you up there.
    Nope, it works just fine with or without the comma. I agree, however, that it is superfluous.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

With this new release, I'm experiencing laggy, stuttering 3d dice animations (just like it can be seen in this small video).

It could be worse, yeah, but definitely the usual quickness & smoothness isn't there anymore.

This happens to me every time I launch the FG app, even with fresh startup of Windows 10 and without having around other GUI elements, like library windows, tokens and such.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

The only changes in v3.1.6 in the dice system were to increase the maximum dice from 30 to 60, which wouldn't affect the rolls less than 30 dice.

In the past, most reports of laggy dice were traced to laptop/integrated graphics cards, multiple monitors (esp FG split across monitors), or graphics driver updates.

If you are seeing this issue with FG on your only monitor without resizing from initial size, you can try different driver versions, or adjusting graphics settings for FG using your graphics driver's application profiles.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The only changes in v3.1.6 in the dice system were to increase the maximum dice from 30 to 60, which wouldn't affect the rolls less than 30 dice.
    Yes, I'm aware that there wasn't any willing alteration of the 3d dice performance.

In the past, most reports of laggy dice were traced to laptop/integrated graphics cards, multiple monitors (esp FG split across monitors), or graphics driver updates.
    I've seen some of them and its solutions.

Running FG with the latest drivers here, dedicated GPU and in a single monitor.

As it can be seen in the video, right now after updating to 3.1.6 the 3d dice animation is near to how it performs in old netbooks.

If you are seeing this issue with FG on your only monitor without resizing from initial size, you can try different driver versions, or adjusting graphics settings for FG using your graphics driver's application profiles.
    The stuttering also happens without changing the initial size nor scaling the UI (I never noticed performance changes with that). Also I never use app profiles for running Fantasy Grounds, so graphic performance isn't filtered by any other app.

After doing more tests I get the same results, and I'm unable to regain the normal original performance prior to the 3.1.6 update.

But I'll update my report after seeing what happens after updating FG in a PC with similar specs. Edit: Done. The stuttering is not happening there, with Windows 7 and a different nvidia card with older drivers.

Regards
    Last edited by demonsbane; February 24th, 2016 at 23:06. Reason: update
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Hi Doug,

Checked out your video yesterday on NPC's and Spellcasting in accordance to the new update. I wanted to know if the NPC's in The Hoard of the Dragon Queen were already all set up in this manner? My players are in Castle Naerytar and just faced off against the red wizard. If I understand correctly the schematic only handles the attack bonus correct? It makes no adjustment to damage according to spell level?
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Regards,
    JPG
    Hi Moon,

I'm using a Acer Aspire Laptop hooked up VGA to a second monitor with 4G Ram. So far everything is working great and I even use Tabletop Audio so I have Chrome running as well. The only thing I have been recently noticing is from time to time as I move my mouse across the screen my tokens will disappear to the point were i can't even click on them. I have to move the actual window around in order to prey that the tokens don't disappear again. So far I haven't had to reboot or had FG crash in mid game (knock on wood). My FG is stretched across the two (laptop & monitor) since the screen sizes are different. Could this be the problem?
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    Hi Doug,

Checked out your video yesterday on NPC's and Spellcasting in accordance to the new update. I wanted to know if the NPC's in The Hoard of the Dragon Queen were already all set up in this manner? My players are in Castle Naerytar and just faced off against the red wizard. If I understand correctly the schematic only handles the attack bonus correct? It makes no adjustment to damage according to spell level?
    The spellcasters in the modules (and the MM) have been set up 'ready to go' for some time. What came in, in 3.1.6 was a method of doing the same thing for NPCs created by the user which you couldn't do before.

And you are correct FG won't automatically do the correct damage if a spell is cast at a higher level. You can do this easily enough however by grabbing the damage (left click and hold) and then right clicking to add additional dice before dropping it on the target (or in chat).

Thread Information