5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Forgotten Realms Atlas?

Hello! I saw that years ago there was a Forgotten Realms Atlas on CD. Since SmiteWorks obtained the D&D license, will we obtain something like that in the future?

I doubt it - I believe that that atlas was priduced using the Campaign Cartographer software for TSR/WOTC. I can't see SmiteWorks getting or even wanting to produce something like that.

But there's no reason the original won't work with FG - after all, the maps are just jpgs or pngs (or can be exported to those formats).

Let's not forget what FG is and what it is not - its a Virtual Table Top, not a character generator, nor a cartography application.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

And remember that Smiteworks doesn't have a licence for everything D&D ever. It is only for D&D 5E products.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Its okay. It's just that I also use FG as a D&D database.

Grab a copy of Fantasy Grounds - D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide

here
    VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

Or, if you have the older book in PDF... you can do some of the legwork. I am currently adding maps, area info, etc... from the 3.5E Domains of Dread to set up a 5E Ravenloft campaign. I wont say it is quick to do, but it isn't difficult thus far.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by fetito666 View Post
    Hello! I saw that years ago there was a Forgotten Realms Atlas on CD. Since SmiteWorks obtained the D&D license, will we obtain something like that in the future?
    I actually have that Atlas. The maps are very crude by today's standards and it was rather difficult to navigate. I have several of the Forgotten Realms resources which have been published over the years for various versions of D&D, and I find the Atlas to be the last one I resort to. It is one of the oldest resources so the content is rather dated.

I have been able to find great value in the PDF versions of the Forgotten Realms resources that are now available on the https://www.dmsguild.com/. Using a good PDF reader that can export images you can use this to build your own database of maps and lore.

Awwww, the good old 2nd edition. I hate reading PDF on the desktop PC. What is it like on a 10' tablet? Is it comparable to reading on a Kindle?

10' tablet?? I'd say that would qualify as a rather large "tablet"

I use my 10" tablet for reading PDFs - works great IMO...

10' tablet? Game table in the works!
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Thread Information