5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Frozen Castle Expanded Chapter

Is there any chance that the newly released chapter for the Tyranny of Dragons campaign is going to be converted to Fantasy Grounds either as a module or integrated somehow to the book it was left out of?
    This is the product in question

Blog Entries
    Since that's a DMsG release, it's not a WotC product, therefore SmiteWorks doesn't have a license to convert and release it. You should contact the author, or start a discussion on the product page asking him if he's going to publish an FG version.

I don't think SW has yet announced if they are going to be able to publish in there store DMsG content or content under the same rules/license, but they have said that they are working on it. What I've herd so far is that an author should be able to release a zip on DMsG that includes the FG module, but that would have to be manually installed by the purchaser, rather than installed and updated through the FG updater.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Bumping and older thread. So, now that FG files can be included and sold with products on DMsG. Do we as customers have anyway to formally request content for conversion? Or is there a 'in the works' list of any sort? I'd love to run this particular product between or on the side with Rise now that my group is closing out HOTDQ. Likewise, it is awesome to see AL mods being converted, but it is my understanding it is up to the individual authors to convert and include them? Or obviously contract it out, etc. But I'm wondering if there are just some authors/products that aren't interested in digital conversion and waiting/hoping for a product (FG conversion) that will never happen. DMsG needs a FG request area so the authors/developers can see interest in the conversions.

That adventure is made by Kobold Press. Go to their website and contact them. Let them know about FG and the DMsG and they may have it made into a module.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Kobold Press has released its Tome of Beasts for FG, so they'd probably be open to allowing the module to be published here as well.

Yeah, I probably should inquire about it in the tavern. Guess the general idea, is now that FG has the green flag from WOC and 3rd party DMsG content, is there anyway to track or request or get info on the older content? I'm sure all new stuff will be co-developed/released. But there is also a bit of a backlog of stuff from the past. Just curious if there is an official request, or working, or we have no plans to convert/no profit in it information.

For instance, the AL stuff. Some have been released, some haven't. I have to imagine, unless Smiteworks or the DMsG staff are actively bugging all the authors, there will probably be one or two that see no point in bothering to make a FG conversion. Thus the AL seasons may never be 'complete'. Not that they need to be, but it would be nice to know what to par5e yourself and what to just wait for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giveup View Post
    Yeah, I probably should inquire about it in the tavern. Guess the general idea, is now that FG has the green flag from WOC and 3rd party DMsG content, is there anyway to track or request or get info on the older content? I'm sure all new stuff will be co-developed/released. But there is also a bit of a backlog of stuff from the past. Just curious if there is an official request, or working, or we have no plans to convert/no profit in it information.

For instance, the AL stuff. Some have been released, some haven't. I have to imagine, unless Smiteworks or the DMsG staff are actively bugging all the authors, there will probably be one or two that see no point in bothering to make a FG conversion. Thus the AL seasons may never be 'complete'. Not that they need to be, but it would be nice to know what to par5e yourself and what to just wait for.
    I recall reading somewhere on here that all AL modules were done just waiting for permissions to be worked out. Memory may be faulty, not sure.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Has Frozen Castle been converted somewhere? I could use it tonight....

Not that I am aware of.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

We just finished HoTDQ and so I am also interested in using this material. I will reach out to Kobold Press. Did anyone else and if so did they get a reply? I guess it might be a good way to learn how to do LOS in FGU, but I'd much prefer to "spend less time prepping and more time playing" per FG's tagline.

EDIT: It looks like Kobold Press is partnering with another company which might decrease the chance of this module being converted.
    Last edited by gkennedy3; January 17th, 2021 at 14:48.

Thread Information