STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    All, I realize I'm way late to the discussion on this one, but I'm just checking in. I've recently joined up with FantasyGrounds and am getting my ruleset and extensions sorted out. Has there been any luck implementing this? If not, can anyone provide a noob the guide to how to create a power like Nickademus mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

Hi aburnstorm welcome to FG.

You can read how to set up a power group here. Once set up go into preparation mode (see further down that article for how to do that) and set the uses to the number you need.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi aburnstorm welcome to FG.

You can read how to set up a power group here. Once set up go into preparation mode (see further down that article for how to do that) and set the uses to the number you need.
    Thanks Zacchaeus! I’ll try it out.

I would have thought that this would be properly implemented by now, as a toggle option in settings.

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    I would have thought that this would be properly implemented by now, as a toggle option in settings.
    It would be nice, but most fringe use variants aren't implemented in FG.

I have a list that I want to work on, but I am not going to bother until FGU releases as I expect there to be quite a few changes.

I will be working on Proficiency dice first though (I love the variant rule for oneshots).

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    I have a list that I want to work on, but I am not going to bother until FGU releases as I expect there to be quite a few changes.
    I don't think you'll see many new ruleset specific functions/options when FGU comes out. Remember that FGU will use CoreRPG and 5E ruleset files, just like FG uses now. All of the 5E specific coding is in the 5E.pak ruleset file. FGU is a platform change, that will bring new generic RPG system and VTT functionality, but it won't suddenly come with a new set of RPG specific ruleset functionality - CoreRPG might change in some way to cater for new, generic VTT functionality, but new functionality in 5E as part of the FGU release? I would be surprised if it did...

EDIT: So, what I'm trying to say is - if you have an idea for write some 5E extensions, don't wait thinking it might come along in FGU...
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 27th, 2018 at 18:39.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It would be nice, but most fringe use variants aren't implemented in FG.
    I think some of the DMG options would cease to be "fringe use" if they were supported by 5e on FG. My group, for example, would probably switch to spell points if the option were supported as an alternative to spell slots, but not if we have to look for a "work-around" for it.

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    I think some of the DMG options would cease to be "fringe use" if they were supported by 5e on FG. My group, for example, would probably switch to spell points if the option were supported as an alternative to spell slots, but not if we have to look for a "work-around" for it.
    I doubt it, it isn't a PHB option and therefore will always be fringe. It is also fiddlier than spell slots. It would be nice to have don't get me wrong, and having the option would have it see more use. But it will always be a fringe option and because it takes more effort to run/track and is buried in the DMG.

I doubt it, it isn't a PHB option and therefore will always be fringe. It is also fiddlier than spell slots. It would be nice to have don't get me wrong, and having the option would have it see more use. But it will always be a fringe option and because it takes more effort to run/track and is buried in the DMG.
    You could say the same thing about "slow natural healing" or re-rolling initiative every round, both of which are "buried" in the DMG and both pretty widely used. I think as a general principle, all the "official" options that are in the DMG and require mechanical implementation should be toggle options in the campaign settings, but I certainly understand that some (like "Personality Trait Proficiency") aren't really something you can code. Others, like proficiency dice and spell points, are the sort of options that a VTT could really make much more fun to use than they would be with traditional pen and paper.

Blog Entries
    Have you voted on it in the wishlist? That's the best way to let SmiteWorks know what is important to their customers.

I think you'll have to add it, since I couldn't find it. Either very few people are interested in it, or no one has gotten around to requesting it yet. https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information