5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Thanks LordEntrails.

My sense on this is that this would be a great feature if it could be incorporated into the "Use a GUI ruleset builder to build rulesets" request. I upvoted this request in the hope that this would be something that could be included. Even if a full rule-set can't be used, it IS pretty hard to adjust rules without essentially re-writing the entire player's handbook manually (and then handing out new sections to players when they start). It's not the end of the world, but this tweak is one of many that could go into this larger GUI ruleset builder, even if it comes instead as a "GUI 5e ruleset extension builder".

I could be wrong, but maybe the reason no one has gotten around to requesting it is that it is an option described in the Dungeon Master's Guide for this edition, and many people might assume that all of the "official" options described in the core books will be implemented as soon as practical by the good folks at SmiteWorks, in the due course of officially supporting D&D 5e within Fantasy Grounds. I don't recall seeing "slow natural healing" or "massive damage" on the idea informer wishlist (though it might have been,) but as DMG rules options I wasn't surprised when they were implemented.

I went ahead and added prof dice and spell points to the list, but it seems to me the list is better used for general QoL issues like sound effects and dynamic lighting. Support for optional rules described in the core books of a game system shouldn't be something we have to lobby for.

But yeah, well, you know... That's just, like, my opinion, man.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    I could be wrong, but maybe the reason no one has gotten around to requesting it is that it is an option described in the Dungeon Master's Guide for this edition, and many people might assume that all of the "official" options described in the core books will be implemented as soon as practical by the good folks at SmiteWorks, in the due course of officially supporting D&D 5e within Fantasy Grounds. I don't recall seeing "slow natural healing" or "massive damage" on the idea informer wishlist (though it might have been,) but as DMG rules options I wasn't surprised when they were implemented.

I went ahead and added prof dice and spell points to the list, but it seems to me the list is better used for general QoL issues like sound effects and dynamic lighting. Support for optional rules described in the core books of a game system shouldn't be something we have to lobby for.

But yeah, well, you know... That's just, like, my opinion, man.
    Post a link to your entry to make it easier for others to vote on

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Post a link to your entry to make it easier for others to vote on
    Ok.

Spell Points

Proficiency Dice

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    You could say the same thing about "slow natural healing" or re-rolling initiative every round, both of which are "buried" in the DMG and both pretty widely used. I think as a general principle, all the "official" options that are in the DMG and require mechanical implementation should be toggle options in the campaign settings, but I certainly understand that some (like "Personality Trait Proficiency") aren't really something you can code. Others, like proficiency dice and spell points, are the sort of options that a VTT could really make much more fun to use than they would be with traditional pen and paper.
    Yup and I would absolutely suggest that they aren't used that widely and would still be fringe rules.

I want the program to include their functionality too, but it will just take time for them to come into the program. Because the variants that you see now didn't come in with the introduction of the 5e ruleset for the most part either.

I even said I am going to work on some myself in a post unity world, so that should indicate how interested I am in having these options be in FG. But it is fringe.

A couple of years have gone by, and we've switched over to FGU. The features "wish list" is gone. As far as I can tell, there is no movement on implementing the Spell Points option rule. Did I miss it? I have a toddler, so I miss a lot these days.

No you haven't missed anything. this hasn't been implemented. Wish list is alive and well (although it's a new one - the old one is gone). Link in my signature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information