FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Hello. Just got the whole D&D + Ultimate package from Steam during the Winter Sale. Been looking for any and all tutorials for DMing on FG. A lot of the threads say check out the sample campaign, and I have. My question, upon opening the sample campaign as the DM, where do I begin? I mean, what is the first step I should do? Is there any documentation about the sample campaign and how to go about learning from it? Like are there notes in the Sample Campaign itself I am missing that is supposed to tell me "open this file first, check these NPCs, use this map/encounter first, etc." or am I supposed to fiddle around with it?

Blog Entries
    Hi G0DL1K3D3V1L welcome.
    Go to Story -> Tutorial -> 00 Welcome to Fantasy Grounds.
    That will get you started and probably prompt a whole slew of questions.

Just curious if there is an update planned for the 5e sample campaign/tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinesdragon View Post
    Just curious if there is an update planned for the 5e sample campaign/tutorial.
    What's missing from it?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What's missing from it?
    I don't believe anything is missing. There are just some things my players were saying was incorrect as they went through it. If this is something that will be updated, I will ask my players to get a list together for you.
    Last edited by paladinesdragon; August 21st, 2017 at 16:38.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinesdragon View Post
    I don't believe anything is missing. There are just some things my players were saying was incorrect as they went through it. If this is something that will be updated, I will ask my players to get a list together for you.
    Yes, if there's things wrong please report them and I'll get them fixed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Okay. The only thing I noticed was on 17-Parcel Window under Creating a Treasure Parcel it says to access it in the Items window and that button was taken out in an update and added to the sidebar. When I have time I will investigate further.
    Last edited by paladinesdragon; August 21st, 2017 at 16:42.

Really Helpful, thanks everyone !
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

This tutorial is why I switched to FG ♥

Hey folks. I'm in between campaigns at the moment. If there is anyone out there getting started who wants to spend time game prepping together, it is a great way to share ideas and learn. I'll just hover over your shoulder and help where I can. Shoot me a PM and we'll coordinate. Cheers!
    Hawk

Thread Information