FG Spreadshirt Swag

Effect for increasing damage from a spell (In regards of PFRPG)

I am trying to make an effect that increases damage from spells. But it seems that the DMG effect is only applied to weapons.

The reason I am looking for an effect that increases the DMG of a spell is the Kineticist class and their Elemental Overflow class feature together with the Metakinesis class feature.

These blast can just like spells be empowered/maximized. Which is why I set them up to be inside the spell part of the action tab. However then I can't seem to find a way to implement Elemental Overflow to adjust the spells damage. I was wondering if this currently is possible or if I have to quick adjust the numbers each time on the spell.
    Last edited by Togainu; January 28th, 2016 at 09:23. Reason: Typos

As you've found, DMG effects do not apply to spell damage actions.

You could add more damage actions to the spell/ability in question, manually edit the damage entry as required, or move the entry to a weapon which will allow DMG effects to work (but might not cover all the options you need for the spell/ability).

Personally, I'd add a few additional commonly used damage actions to the spell/ability.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There's also a DMGS effect which should only apply to spell damage.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you both for the replies.

Glad to see there is also one for spell effects. Didn't know that one existed seeing it is missing on the effects page for 3.5/pathfinder. Thanks for the info there Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There's also a DMGS effect which should only apply to spell damage.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks!! This one isn't in the Wiki!! Helped a lot with a Medium character!

Thread Information