STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Another piece of information. Thinking that maybe my ISP has blocked this port, I connected straight to the cable modem with no router in between and did a ShieldsUP! test on port 1802. It shows as 'stealthed' but not 'closed' so I'm not sure what that means.

Blog Entries
    if you have a cable modem and a router then you are probably doing double NAT.

you need to logon to to your router and add a port forward for TCP 1802 to the IP Address of your GM machine
    you need to also find the WAN IP address of your router
    you need to logon to the cable modem and do a port forward for TCP 1802 to the WAN IP Address of your Router

Lovely, I thought as much. My ISP locks the user out of the cable modem interface entirely so I'll have to get them to do it.

Blog Entries
    bislab - i have sent you a PM. if it worked before im sure it can work again without the ISP involvement unless they changed something.
    do a trace route to 8.8.8.8 - what are the first two hops? are they both internal/reserved/private IP addresses?

My ISP got back to me very quickly actually, they HAD in fact changed something out without letting anyone know. In January they went from public IP addresses to NAT addressing. They were kind enough to set my cable modem back to pre-January 1st and everything works smoothly now! Thanks for all the help though!

Thread Information