DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Connection Issue Win 10

I'm not very tech savvy but basically I'm getting a connection failure. Is that winebottle thread by Zues the way to go??

I really just want to play around with creating characters and maybe actually popping in as a player on a game.

Deal is I bought the whole ultimate package but I'm beginning to wonder if I should have just gone monthly.

Uggg....need sleep. Soo much to learn.

Just let me know if that wine bottle is what I need to try 1st.

If you aren't going to DM then you don't need the ultimate. All you would need is the Full License. How long ago did you get your key? You could try emailing [email protected] and see about a refund if you never plan on being a DM for people that only have the demo copy.

Firstly - Wine bottler is for people running on Linux/Mac - if you're running on native Windows 10 you don't need that.

Secondly, if you're never going to host a game as a GM then you don't need a successful connection test - this is only for GMs.

If you are going to GM then you will need to access your network router and setup some port forwarding to allow people to connect to you over the Internet. Some info in the FAQ section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...q_networking_1
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Eventally I will DM. I'm going to play for a bit first and slowly mess with DM tools. I want to host games between friends accross the country and FG really looks sharp and seems to play well on alot of Demo games I have watched. I can usually figure things out after awhile. I just got the whole 5th edition bundle and it is very overwhelming but I'm going to stick to it and figure it out.

Blog Entries
    if you have time - come and play a session on Saturday at FGDaze - there are 5 games with room for players - all sorts of fun settings.
    it will give you a more gentle introduction into using FG than hacking away at it solo

Yep plan on checking it out. Wish I would have jumped on board two weeks ago when FG first caught my eye. I had old friends from back in the 80's in town an we did the usual D&D romp for the holidays. The 5th edition for the 1st times was a lot of fun.....bought all the core books the next day for pen and paper and have been reading ever since.

I'm sure I'll catch on but being back to work and only having a few hours in the evening will make it a bit more slow going. Thus when I get advice on what to do to fix connection issues...it wont be until 5 to 6pm EST before I take a crack at it.

Was able to sort this out. A lot of stuff I've never had to do before regarding port forwarding. Now time to dig in.

Thread Information