Starfinder Playlist

Sharing Issue with the Notes (PFRPG)

I don't know if this still does this with the latest test build but in PFRPG production, you can share a note (from the notes area). Unfortunately, it appears that once you share it, you can never un-share it. Even if you uncheck the share checkbox, the note will still be in everyone's notes area (unsharing does not remove the note from the public as unsharing images does). I'm not sure if this is intentional or not so I will just note it in case this was an unintentional bug that arose at some point.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

I'm not seeing this issue on my machine. Can you tell me how to recreate?

Here's what I did:
    * Start FG
    * Open a campaign
    * Start a second instance of FG and connect as BOB to localhost
    * Create note on second instance
    * Mark it as public on second instance
    * Close second instance
    * Start second instance of FG again, and connect as DAVE to localhost
    * Verify I can see note on second instance, but I can not edit note
    * Click the public checkbox to off in the note details on the first instance, and verify that the note disappears on the second instance.
    * Click the public checkbox to on in the note details on the first instance, and verify that the note reappears in the notes list on the second instance.
    * Click the public checkbox to off in the note details on the first instance
    * Right click on the note and select Share Sheet option, and verify that the note reappears in the notes list on the second instance.
    * Click the public checkbox to off in the note details on the first instance, and verify that the note disappears on the second instance.

Regards,
    JPG

I confirmed that it does work okay if you close the session. If you have 2 players sessions open simultaneously (as if 2 players were connected at the same time), then that is the issue.

If session #1 (player A) creates the note and shares it, session #2 (player B) can see it. If session #1 then unchecks it, the note is still in session #2's notes are. If session #2 closes and comes back in, it is gone.

Images are removed immediately when sharing is removed, not upon exit of FG.

It is not a real problem, IMO, I was just reporting the difference in functionality in case you wished to know about it

-Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    If session #1 (player A) creates the note and shares it, session #2 (player B) can see it. If session #1 then unchecks it, the note is still in session #2's notes are. If session #2 closes and comes back in, it is gone.
    How are you running these two test player sessions? Are you running them both on the same computer at the same time? If so, that is not going to give you proper results as these two sessions will be using the same player data cache and can cause data access/corruption issues - it is strongly recommended never to run two player session on the same computer at the same time as it can cause data access issues/cache corruption and even player crashes. If you're running these two players session on separate computers then that is different.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I first noticed it when I was doing a TeamViewer session with a couple of my new players. I was giving them a tutorial session on how to use Fantasy Grounds and was looking at their desktop to make sure they were doing it right. I had a GM session open and one player session open. The other player session was from an external player on his own computer. I verified this two separate times - once from each new player (I ran multiple tutorial sessions last weekend).

What I don't know is whether it would happen if there were no extra sessions open by the GM. I can test this Friday by having all my players try it out. I was going off of the fact that images unshare even when there is a GM, a GM local player session, and an external player, but notes do not.

Again, I'm not meaning to bring this up as a major issue - it's not. I just wanted to report it to JPG in case he wished to know of these things even if they are minor.
    Last edited by sciencephile; January 6th, 2016 at 14:50.

Ultimate License Holder

Yes, I definitely want to know. Hmm, I'm going to have to break out my laptop to test multiple players. I have a couple guesses as to what is happening.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information