5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries

[FG-Daze] Resistance: Roman Briatain

[FG Daze] Resistance: Roman Britain
    Session time : 10 am EST https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...21&p1=814&ah=4
    Duration; 4 hours approx.
    Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1754
    Number of Players: 3-5
    Short Decription: AD 44. The invasion of Britain by the Romans is under way, the Catalevauni, the most powerful tribe in the south was defeated, their king, Caratacus on the run. Tribal rivalries make Rome’s task easier, some surrender, others negotiate uneasy truces. The animosity between the Catalevauni, Trinovante, Iceni, and Atriate, still causes tension despite the mutual threat. The Druids watch with growing unease, send to the tribes, requesting aid removing secret Druid artifacts beyond the reach of the Romans. Thus a small band from rival tribes is brought together to aid the Druid Rhydwyn in reaching the coast where a boat will remove his treasure beyond the sea. This game is heavy on history, home brew session.
    Genre: Historical intrigue
    Newbie Friendly: yes, am new to GM'ing and comparatively new to RPG, and I am happy to pay forward all the help I was given by the members here.
    Pre-requisites: Mic/headset FG, I have an ultimate license so I can accommodate all players.
    (and thanks to all the supportive people here who encouraged me to jump in and give this a try)
    Last edited by Ellspeth; December 30th, 2015 at 01:55.

Glad to see a historical adventure. Believe or not, people, history has some great stories even without layering on fantasy and super powers!

Blog Entries
    Sounds awesome Ellspeth!

West Virginia (not the redneckish part), USA
    I'm in, and I completely agree with Hectors statement, history doesn't need much if any embellishment at times
    No matter where you go, there you are !!
    Ultimate License

Blog Entries
    I have confirmed both of you, I do have pre-gens for the game, Wazoo we have met but I haven't met yet Hector. If you have any questions before the game feel free to message me, or post on the game calendar comments.
    I agree history has a wealth of adventures, the magic if of theater, what if this had happened instead of that? The period in this game we have only the barest details so even within reality there is plenty of room for speculation and imagination.
    There are excellent guides for RPG that have already done the stats on Roman and Celtic weapons of the period. Ouch. and good luck.

Is this 5E? I'd guess that from what I know of you, but I could be very wrong
    Ultimate License

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazoodust View Post
    Is this 5E? I'd guess that from what I know of you, but I could be very wrong
    Its full of Savage role playing goodness

Blog Entries
    No Wazoo, a lot of what I have in this game I had to build modules for, and for a really new GM I have to say SW has some of the easiest tools and widest array of materials to create what I needed for this campaign. It is also the quickest bring those less familiar with FG and even RPG's into the game. I have run two variations of this as one shots for one of the groups I play with, but each one is different so those players can participate again if they like. I'm sorry, when I created the thread that was an oversight in the information.
    I find all of the rulesets have played have their strengths and weaknesses depending on so many factors. For accurate historical material already prepared for Fantasy Grounds, the Ultimate Collection for Savage Worlds (I have all that have published) is still growing, right now covers The Roman Legion, The Celts, The Three Kingdoms, Mongols, Knight's Templar and the Pirates and Privateers is more than I can use it years, but I am watching for the Greek one to come out.

Perfect !
    I've been wanting to learn SW as it seems to be a really cool ruleset from what everyone says, just never got a chance to get my feet wet, might as well dive right in !
    Ultimate License

I'm interested, sounds like a great idea, never even heard of SW though but the concept should be great, signing up on the calendar page.

Thread Information